Glamis without a paddle?

Mike_socal

Reaction
Anyone ride at Glamis without a paddle tire? I'm wondering if I should bother going there with my CR since I don't have a paddle tire for it.

Thanks,
Mike

1999 Exploder EB 5.0
1995 Toy 4x4
1994 CR250
2002 400ex

hoeker

Reaction
stay home!

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

ESB4130

Reaction
if its a 250 or up no big deal. a paddle tire is nice but ive ridden at glamis without a few times and it wasnt that bad.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I wouldn't say that it is "okay" to do. We don't know what jets he's running, what ratio of premix, does he have a fresh top end and clutch, what type of rider he is (aggressive/passive), etc.

I ALWAYS run a paddle (I have on 250's, 500's, 4-strokes). Any bike you take will run at a much higher temperature than normal. Only you know how you maintain your toy. What is good for one person might not be for another. You take that chance of grenading your engine when you run w/o a paddle. I know there are always exceptions but I would suggest you spend the $ to save the $ in the long run.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Sand is a bike killer especially without a paddle!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Mike_socal

Reaction
The top end is good. It's a 94 250. I run the recommended 32:1 and switched back to an 8 plug. It's got an FMF fatty pipe and should be jetted accordingly but I personally didn't re-jet it. The bike is well maintained. Maybe I'll just ride at Ocotillo until I get a paddle. I've only been riding the bike for a short while. It's a good learning bike.

1999 Exploder EB 5.0
1995 Toy 4x4
1994 CR250
2002 400ex

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
You will be fine but a paddle is nice. I rocked a 125 out there for a week without a paddle (new meat though) and geared for the dez and it took me everywhere back when I was in highschool. Just stay on the pipe.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Yeah, as long as you know how to navagate the sand you will be fine the only draw back is that you won't be able to climb china.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

YZFster

Reaction
Get a paddle and run 40:1 if you dont want foul a plug

Go Big or stay there.

michael_loomis

Reaction
i rode mine about 5 trips without a paddle , climbed olds without it , so its not that bad but it took its toll on my top end on the 6th trip. let me tell you , its a long PUSH from osborne to the ranger station on gecko !!

its 10 times easier to ride with a paddle . save your bike and stay on hardpack .

hoeker

Reaction
"its a long PUSH from osborne to the ranger station on gecko !!"

HS

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

desertratt

Reaction
its dueable but you'll enjoy the ride a lot better with a paddle!

drive fast and take chances!!

JOSH

Reaction
I was out last weekend and we got alot of rain, the sand will still be wet, you would be fine.