• Forum membership has its advantages....

Glassworks Unlimited are Scammers

11A_Fun

I ordered several items from them back in October. After fighting for two months I finally got part of my order. They have failed to send me my bumper and they will not return my calls or emails to get my product. All I want is my bumper. I thought this was a legitimate business in this industry and I was wrong. Save yourself the pain and struggle I have had and take your business somewhere else. You will be scammed out of your money.

baja619

You sent them your bumper? What did you order ? What did you receive?

11A_Fun

Sent them nothing. I ordered a Prerunner bumper for a Ford Ranger back in October. and I haven't received anything. Paid $550 plus $200 in freight shipping.

Last edited:

baja619

I see. Well Glassworks specialty is fiberglass panels and such. As of late they offer and sale other hard parts but as a dealer. So maybe the source and manufacturer of the prerunner bumper is the problem and not Glassworks Unlimited.

11A_Fun

Originally, I ordered fenders, bedsides and the bumper. Cost me $1700 and change on October 4th. I waited about two months, figuring it takes a while to fabricate everything. When I called them about it on or about November 11, Tim was very polite and apologized, explained the bumper was on back order, but he would ship out the fenders and bedsides ASAP. It took an additional 3 weeks for the fenders and bedsides to arrive. In that 3 week time frame the "freight Company" they use for delivery had gone out of business and couldn't deliver it because of bankruptcy laws sealing all product inside. Additionally, because freight companies don't to go to residential addresses it had to go to a sub carrier which would complicate things. Ok, I can counter that. Gave him a business address to deliver it to. Week 2, they were remaking them, week 3 they arrived. During week 2 I asked about the bumper and he told me it was going to be done this week and it's on its way. I called him again to ensure delivery of the bumper and said the bumper fabricator was taking longer than expected and would be another week arriving on December 3rd. December 3rd came and went. Fenders and bedsides arrived. Called him on the 4th and said that he couldn't have the freight company pick it up from his fabricator, so he picked it up on the 4th and left a message stating that he has it in his possession and it's on its way Monday the 7th. I waited an additional week for freight, called, and called and emailed, response was that the freight company was having IT problems and couldn't give me a bill of lading to track the shipping. Called the shipping company, no order on file, no delivery pending. Now, I don't get messages returned and emails answered.

jeff

Sounds like a rough go of things. It sounds like you want to vent and that's fine, but to call Glassworks Unlimited "Scammers" may be a bit of a stretch. I've always had very good experiences with Tim at Glassworks and I've been doing business with them for years. Some parts take time to build and I've learned that when most companies say it'll take "2 weeks" the reality is the parts will require 2 months.

Who made the bumper? How did you pay for the parts?

Aloha

aiiraciing

Scammer may be a bad name for Tim(Glassworks owner). I think a better name for him is piss poor business man. It seems that weekly I am seeing threads very similar to this about how a customer has sent Glassworks an order with payment and months go by without seeing product or hearing from Glassworks. Tim is VERY difficult to get ahold of as some of RDC's main sponsors can attest to. And going by the shop is also usless since he is never there and none of his workers speak much english or know anything about picking up orders.

This is a very sad but true fact about dealing with Tim(Glassworks)

jeff

Bummer to hear this isn't an isolated incident. I've done business with Tim for years and as recently as a few months ago. Things were AOK on the last order and he had the glass ready when he said he would.

Aloha

11A_Fun

I am going to have to stand by my claim because the highlight here is that he said that he had it in his possession. He said that he had it physically and was sending it as of December 4th. I have called every day since then, messages not too often to be rude, and emails just politely asking for an update. I have a solid foundation of business problems and setbacks that may occur, but for $550 for the bumper and an additional $200 in shipping, I would like some honesty. If he can't send it, fine, refund, I will move on, but I can't confirm or deny anything because he is dodging my messages and calls. And if people know this guy, then can I be reassured that I will get my product? I am sure anyone who has waited like this and then can’t contact them begins to feel ripped off.

jeff

Again, how did you pay for the parts? Cash, check, PayPal, credit card???

Aloha

11A_Fun

That is my next move, but I wanted to give the guy a chance to follow through on the full order. I was trying to be fair about the whole thing.

AaronDixon

So maybe the source and manufacturer of the prerunner bumper is the problem and not Glassworks Unlimited.
This is the second time I have heard of this problem with Tim. I had another guy call me asking about his bumper that he ordered 2 months ago, and was given every excuse in the book by Tim. I've have not received any bumper orders from Glassworks, not one call or email. Anyone else with this problem, let me know.

Chase 2

I personally think that there is a big difference between a "SCAMMER" and a poor business practice.

11A_Fun

A scammer is someone who knowingly commits to a fraudulent business scheme. If he uses dixonbros trademark, claims to sell the product, verifies that he has the product, that he physically has the product that had been purchased in full, and will send it because I was waiting on the bumper maker. And now the vendor/bumper maker says he never received an order, never built an order and this is the second time he has heard of this, might as well as say the Ponzi wheel is not a scam, but rather a lucurative monitary investment staratgy that pays huge dividends. If he sent me half of the bumper welded to look like a donkey bolted to the fenders and bedsides, then that would be bad business practices.

95f150

A scammer is someone who knowingly commits to a fraudulent business scheme. If he uses dixonbros trademark, claims to sell the product, verifies that he has the product, that he physically has the product that had been purchased in full, and will send it because I was waiting on the bumper maker. And now the vendor/bumper maker says he never received an order, never built an order and this is the second time he has heard of this, might as well as say the Ponzi wheel is not a scam, but rather a lucurative monitary investment staratgy that pays huge dividends. If he sent me half of the bumper welded to look like a donkey bolted to the fenders and bedsides, then that would be bad business practices.
Haha x2! Seems like some companys these days are out there just to make a quick buck, and dont give a hell about the product that goes out to the customer. But if you can find a good, reputable company out there, just stay with em.

Atombomb

I am sorry to hear about some of the more recent problems with delayed delivery, but-I have dealt with Tim for almost 6 years and I have NEVER had a SINGLE issue ( 2+ dozen individual orders). I am not one to give anybody a crutch, but business for many of the niche aftermarket guys has been, and is, getting harder. Just like everybody else in similar positions, business has to "adapt" to the current conditions; and this can be more, or less, difficult for some. Tim makes the BEST glass around for many models, and overall their entire product line is top tier for sure. Basically, I am sure GlassWorks is NOT trying to "scam" anybody, and I am sure that as long as they keep their heads down and hands dirty things will smooth out as they continue to adapt. Lastly, I truly hope GW keeps on keeping on, because I know that myself and many would be super bummed to not have access to many of their products.