• Forum membership has its advantages....

Glen Helen

Joxracing

If you think the P4 counts are scary take a look at what the PL counts will be in the midwest

DynoGuy

I'm wondering if we'll even have a race again this year as the weather forecast isn't looking good so far, just like last year.

Vision Hype

So far committed P4’s are Cenni, Leduc, Adler and Anderson. Have not heard about Mittag. Looking scary for P4. I really hope more people show.

450grl

I think the very nature of that class being so open might be part of the problem. I think with new trucks being built every year, and new technologies that only the biggest sponsors can afford being utilized, that the majority of racers can't viably sustain a continuous Pro 4 program. And what racer wants to continually race for anything less than a podium position? I'd like to think it's just the normal ebb and flow of class numbers (because Pro 4 is my favorite class to watch!).....but seems to me like the ROI just isn't there for most.

Pro4orNothing

No Douglas? Thought he still had his Amsoil backing, unless they cut back...thought Mittag and Menzies were coming back in some form as well based on their Insta-posts.

Midwest Pro4 truck counts looks to be 6-7 trucks full-time based on what I've heard. Would definitely be nice if Greaves could do both, but that's a tall order and they've gotten into event promotion for UTV racing here in the Midwest in addition to the short course program.

Vision Hype

Douglas is only running Crandon. Mittag i hope is running a full season. Menzies we will only see in Crandon i believe for short course.

Pro4orNothing

Douglas is only running Crandon. Mittag i hope is running a full season. Menzies we will only see in Crandon i believe for short course.
That's a shame...just a couple of years ago, it seemed Pro4 was relatively healthy with 10-12 trucks out west. The last year seems to have decimated the class. Bradley Morris isn't going to run Pro4 in addition to the Pro2, I take?

Hopefully Pro2 doesn't suffer the same fate...

Vision Hype

Bradly morris will be in pro 2 but not pro 4. It is going to be a rough year for P4. Hopefully will come back, they put on a amazing show

450grl

That's a shame...just a couple of years ago, it seemed Pro4 was relatively healthy with 10-12 trucks out west. The last year seems to have decimated the class. Bradley Morris isn't going to run Pro4 in addition to the Pro2, I take?

Hopefully Pro2 doesn't suffer the same fate...
I have a feeling the new rules in Pro 2 have made that class more appealing, and will be surprised if we don't see that class remain healthy or grow....if I were faced with the choice of a truck class to race, I would for sure go into Pro 2 - best bang for your buck. But then again, I tend to like spec classes......

450grl

How many truck racers will take advantage of the UTV classes for extra seat time? I.E. a "practice race" before the main show? HUGE advantage IMO.....

acers

Wow, is it time to change pro4 rules? I love pro4 being a open class but it looks like a bad turn out this year.

ltr450rider

The Pro-4 situation this year is due to LOORRS allowing Fuel Injection. It is a very expensive "upgrade" that many of the teams are struggling with and complaining about. Lucas has pulled the rule book from the site a few times now to figure out what to do about it after many complaints by the drivers/teams. It was mandated at first, then pulled to allow teams to run the the first half of the season then make the change, now, who knows?

The other problem is that other than Kyle (and those that have purchased his trucks), most drivers are racing some fairly old trucks at this point (5+ years old). There are guys that would like to build a new truck (I can think of one big name off hand) but won't until the rules get solidified.

The only guys that can run in Pro-4 right now are either fully backed by sponsors, or have the expendable funds to race. The teams that would spend money on building a truck to go race simply aren't because of the rapidly fluctuating rule book (which is supposed to be 3 years without any major changes) and the cost.

It's a real bummer to see the premier class get so short on truck counts. I hope LOORRS can consolidate the rule book and get some trucks back out to the race.

Joxracing

Sad to say but the whole short course sport from midwest to west is not looking healthy.
I’m unsure of what the PL numbers are out west but i know in the midwest it’ll be 6 or lower. Just like p4, it has to do with LS and chassis rules hanging over everyone’s head, and a big difference in midwest / west coast rules.
p2 is fine for now, but if they don’t make the changes to allow both midwest and west teams have the same engine / tire package, i think you’ll start to see that class struggle. Sportsmen racers saved that class in the midwest and i think you’ll start to see numbers dwindle in the near future.
It bums me out to see this awesome sport in such turmoil in a day in age where different/grassroots motor sports are thriving with online attention. The midwest sportsman divisions are currently upset after some decisions from lucas to being usac back to the midwest. Drivers are disappointed after the wrongs usac has committed and added fees.
I hope all of this can be straightened out and brought back to all of its glory. It’s just not the same anymore.

acers

Sad to say but the whole short course sport from midwest to west is not looking healthy.
I’m unsure of what the PL numbers are out west but i know in the midwest it’ll be 6 or lower. Just like p4, it has to do with LS and chassis rules hanging over everyone’s head, and a big difference in midwest / west coast rules.
p2 is fine for now, but if they don’t make the changes to allow both midwest and west teams have the same engine / tire package, i think you’ll start to see that class struggle. Sportsmen racers saved that class in the midwest and i think you’ll start to see numbers dwindle in the near future.
It bums me out to see this awesome sport in such turmoil in a day in age where different/grassroots motor sports are thriving with online attention. The midwest sportsman divisions are currently upset after some decisions from lucas to being usac back to the midwest. Drivers are disappointed after the wrongs usac has committed and added fees.
I hope all of this can be straightened out and brought back to all of its glory. It’s just not the same anymore.
I do think it will get better once they get the rules issues fixed. Pros in the midwest would already be dead if Lucas would not have taken over. Lets hope it all works out for everyone

CWin76

If everything goes right these next few weeks, we'll be at Glen Helen running a Midwest Pro 2. Also racing in the Prolite class in the midwest again this year

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Can someone call Dave Cole and politely ask for a 100k short course race one night at next years KOH..........plz/thx