Global RallyCross '18 to Include UTVs...

dbq61537

Polaris couldn’t beat, Yamaha and CanAm, on a Short Course...so let’s go create a series, where we don’t have to race them.

Sounds like a smart business decision.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

450grl

Polaris couldn’t beat, Yamaha and CanAm, on a Short Course...so let’s go create a series, where we don’t have to race them.

Right?? SMH....

CMI CHUCK

Funny Didn't a Polaris win the Production 1000 Class at the Lucas Regionals this year?
And the same Polaris was running 2nd in points in the National series until the 3rd race and was taken out both days in Utah by Yamahas?
And yes its a brilliant Idea by Polaris to put this program together with GRC

vegasloki

This is about exposure, selling expensive HD golf carts. It's likely they'll get more TV time in a single airing of GRC than all season in Lucas. Lucas is a great series but compared to GRC it's pretty limited in the number of markets for race attendance and GRC's TV package is more easily accessible. I like the Lucas coverage better than the GRC coverage but being on NBCSN makes GRC easier to catch for most people that don't troll the TV for motorsports like I do.

I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun.

gawdodirt

These UTV's are killing all car counts in any form of off road racing. Gone are the limited buggies in LUCAS. Class 12 some Class 10's, and most all 1/2 1600 are gone and the UTV classes are growing. Is this a good or bad thing? Most all production class race prep parts are over the counter production pieces, so most aftermarket is not there. The sponsorship for each manufacturer is way up. But, is that good for the sport as a whole, or just those classes?

dnf736

And the same Polaris was running 2nd in points in the National series until the 3rd race and was taken out both days in Utah by Yamahas?
:eek:
Who would do such a thing?

dbq61537

These UTV's are killing all car counts in any form of off road racing. Gone are the limited buggies in LUCAS. Class 12 some Class 10's, and most all 1/2 1600 are gone and the UTV classes are growing. Is this a good or bad thing? Most all production class race prep parts are over the counter production pieces, so most aftermarket is not there. The sponsorship for each manufacturer is way up. But, is that good for the sport as a whole, or just those classes?
I see your point...and your right. But...

I think is more about cost, and space...you can get a competitive UTV used, for under 25k (some as low as, 15k), and get out there to race and have fun. You also don’t need a big shop, just a small garage...and just a small open trailer, hooked to a pick-up.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app