MiguelB

Super Moderator
Reaction
GMC Hummer EV Unveiling October 20th

GMC HUMMER EV, The World’s First All-Electric Supertruck was just announced by GMC. It will be unveiled on October 20th and will be launched late 2021 as a 2022 model.

Unveiling October 20th.1000 Horespower.11,500 lb-ft torque.0 to 60 in 3.0 seconds.Launching late 2021.Pricing, estimated $70k.Available with one, two or three electric motors.SUT (truck) and SUV models will be available...

Continue reading...

Tube ride

Reaction
Rear wheel steering ? Awd or 4wd? “ 1 2 or 3 electric motor option. Sounds cool can’t wait to see it

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I've just watched the 3rd auto blogger declare this thing has "1000hp & 11,500ftlbs". This is bullshit. The Tesla Semi is reported to be using four of the Model 3 motors, (to generate about 2000ftlbs total); for an 80,000lb rated tractor trailer. GM's electric suv is somehow going to generate more than 4X the torque of Tesla's big rig? Yeah, right.

jon coleman

Reaction
I've just watched the 3rd auto blogger declare this thing has "1000hp & 11,500ftlbs". This is bullshit. The Tesla Semi is reported to be using four of the Model 3 motors, (to generate about 2000ftlbs total); for an 80,000lb rated tractor trailer. GM's electric suv is somehow going to generate more than 4X the torque of Tesla's big rig? Yeah, right.
its all in the gearing;)( 11000???, i thought i read it Right, but, 11000ftlbs???😆

Tube ride

Reaction
It’s a misleading math equation using the first gear ratio and the final drive ratio. Under the same equation the new big gas truck that has 910 ft pound would have over 14,000 ft pounds

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Like when I reset the fuel mileage button on my Ecoboost F-150 while going down Cajon Pass and suddenly instead of the 15.1 long-term mpg it's getting 86mpg.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
In case you guys missed it here is my post from a couple weeks ago after they did the announcement with more details, photos and videos.

az_amsoil

Reaction
Does it come with a gas/diesel generator backup? Whatever "range" they list would be greatly diminished once you start loading the electric motor down off-road. I do like the concept, the practicality for off-road? Not so much.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Does it come with a gas/diesel generator backup? Whatever "range" they list would be greatly diminished once you start loading the electric motor down off-road. I do like the concept, the practicality for off-road? Not so much.
It's an EV so no.

Any fuel-burning generator would make it a hybrid.

Yes, range listed is city/highway miles, not off-road miles.