GMT800 vs GMT900 Front Suspension

CliffDynamite

Reaction
I have a 4wd GMT800 that I have done a coilover conversion on. I have been looking for extended control arm kits for 4wd that dont go full long travel (2-2.5 wider). I have not been able to find any so I have started to look into doing a completely custom build. However, there are plenty of of kits that would be perfect but for the GMT900 platform. I know one major difference with the 800 vs 900 suspension up front is coilovers instead of torsion bars. Would a kit designed for the 900 platform work on the 800 platform trucks given that I am already running coilovers? Essentially would the UCA & LCA bolt into the existing 800 locations, and would the exteded CVs be the correct length. I posted this up in another forum and got one member saying it should work and another saying it will not. If all else fails I can walk around a parking lot with a tape measure and try to take measurements off stranger's trucks.

Thanks.

Petersaenz71

Reaction
I dont know if it will work but if it does keep me posted i want to do some suspension upgrades into my truck also, and how’s the coilover conversion if you dont mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliffDynamite

Reaction
Well shouldnt have said I have done, It is being done at the moment. Ill let you know when its back on the road. Doing a few other repairs that needed to be done as well.

CliffDynamite

Reaction
So I went to the parts store and measured some 07+ control arms. The upper control is narrower on the newer models and will not fit into the stock mounting location on the older models. The shock and coilovers are also set up differently. On the old models the shock runs behind the CV whereas the newer models run in front. So the mid travel kits are out. Looks like I will be calling some custom fab shops to see what it will cost to have new arms built.