go pro users!?

78crew

Reaction
I know there are many go-pro users here. What software are you using to edit your video? I am using quick time to watch them but it seems real limited.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Final cut pro... iMovie and final cut express also work well. But only if you are on a real computer :)

78crew

Reaction
Final cut pro - $990.... am I reading that right?

I'm stuck with a PC for now..... Thanks Jerry.

Anyone else want to add??

hotdogwater

Reaction
I am learning Vegas ultimate now. More than I need but it will edit the go pro movies without converting first. Its about $70 so much cheaper thank FCP.

loufish

Reaction
Movie Maker will not work because Go Pro uses a Apple MPEG-4 type of videp compression...And you didn't think Bill Gates was going to support any Apple products did you?...:)
I picked up an Adobe Premier editor...BUT my computer gags on it, not enough horse power....All I've been able to do is cut the videos down and that is a very slow process....I need a new computer!...

78crew

Reaction
Thanks guys for the input. I imagine I don't need anything crazy right now, just something to take care of some of the simple functions.

TKowns

Reaction
If you have a pc you can use Vegas Pro, you can buy it off the computer or instores, I think its about $300-$500 for a full download of the computer.

Mike Hobbs

Reaction
Movie Maker works with the GoPro as long as you want to put the movie on You Tube.. Movie Maker had a button on the top right to convert the file.

Movie Maker will not work because Go Pro uses a Apple MPEG-4 type of videp compression...And you didn't think Bill Gates was going to support any Apple products did you?...:)
I picked up an Adobe Premier editor...BUT my computer gags on it, not enough horse power....All I've been able to do is cut the videos down and that is a very slow process....I need a new computer!...

turbotexas

Reaction
ive been using movie maker too... Only complaint was there is no way to reduce the file size... everything else I am happy with, but I am easy...
to please...

DC Racing

Reaction
Been using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10, good starter, could use more effects but for the $$ hard to beat. Handles the HD GoPro no problem.

loufish

Reaction
Movie Maker works with the GoPro as long as you want to put the movie on You Tube.. Movie Maker had a button on the top right to convert the file.

Thanks!....:)