GoFundMe for Monte

redline

Reaction
As most of you know by now we lost a good friend and an amazing person at the Baja 1000. There is a go fund me set up to help his family take care of funeral expenses. Any help we can all pull together for the family would be appreciated. Here's the link www.gofundme.com/puc69kss

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Attachments

Last edited:

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Bump ....... This type of thread should have thousand's of views and comments on it - this could of been any one of us racing or spectating .... Has FAST-AID been involved ? Hope so !! Rest in Peace Monte

Anger Issues

Reaction
I was only waiting for Pistola to ask for a direct contact or paypal account... I know it drives him crazy that gofundme takes a %. I totally get that.

But: Anger Issues Racing just made a donation and YES.... bump this thread and think about how hard it is coming home from a trip with one less person. I know first hand (was not Baja). It is a BRUTAL and empty feeling.

I never met Monte but looking forward to buying my own DROOGSMA strobe and mounting it on my roof. Us slow cars don't roll in the silt that often and I will carry his name on my roof... and think three times before my co-driver (or I) gets out in the silt.

Godspeed Monte, and I challenge ANYONE who raced this Baja Mil to step up with a little something for the expenses!!

ken

Oh, and BTW, the goal has been exceeded (awesome)... but keep donating so maybe they could do what my Dad wanted, and have a BIG party afterwards (later if necessary). I know that sounds tacky, but what better way to celebrate a persons life than with family, friends, photos, and LOTS of his favorite beverages? It can be therapeutic... laughs, tears, hugs, sobs, and hopefully lots of good stories!

Last edited:

redline

Reaction
I wanted to thank everyone from rdc familia that helped to contribute to the fund and we have hit the goal. It will help his family more than you know to get through this time and these unknown expenses. All of you guys are great and thank you all again for helping out in the time of need.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
I was only waiting for Pistola to ask for a direct contact or paypal account... I know it drives him crazy that gofundme takes a %. I totally get that.

But: Anger Issues Racing just made a donation and YES.... bump this thread and think about how hard it is coming home from a trip with one less person. I know first hand (was not Baja). It is a BRUTAL and empty feeling.

I never met Monte but looking forward to buying my own DROOGSMA strobe and mounting it on my roof. Us slow cars don't roll in the silt that often and I will carry his name on my roof... and think three times before my co-driver (or I) gets out in the silt.

Godspeed Monte, and I challenge ANYONE who raced this Baja Mil to step up with a little something for the expenses!!

ken

Oh, and BTW, the goal has been exceeded (awesome)... but keep donating so maybe they could do what my Dad wanted, and have a BIG party afterwards (later if necessary). I know that sounds tacky, but what better way to celebrate a persons life than with family, friends, photos, and LOTS of his favorite beverages? It can be therapeutic... laughs, tears, hugs, sobs, and hopefully lots of good stories!
I was waiting for someone to post the name and address to send a check so I didn't have to ask, then get HATED on for trying to donate directly.......if someone will I am MORE than happy to help.......as I do with every legit cause......godspeed monte.....

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Mango Racing
1200 17th St.
Suite 660
Denver, CO 80202

mebedb1

Reaction
Bump ....... This type of thread should have thousand's of views and comments on it - this could of been any one of us racing or spectating .... Has FAST-AID been involved ? Hope so !! Rest in Peace Monte
Over 1400 views and only 71 Donators! I hope there have been many "direct" donations from the racing community!!
Race On Monte!