• Forum membership has its advantages....

Going rate for a wire job

desert dude

Hows it going new to the forum but was wanting to see what the going rate is for a wire guy to do a full job. I have a class 1 car that needs a full wire job I already have a mefi harness but want the relays and circuit breakers mounted on the dash and then have a full mil spec harness made with all tefzel wire, with duestch connectors and main milspec dash plugs. Also have all the battery cables made and full dash wiring with switches and breakers.. I was quoted 3500 plus parts.. does this seem about right. This will have a main chassis harness and completely removable dash...

thanks for the help

dzrt performance

3500 sound very reasonable.
it is a huge amount of labor, 60-80 hours alone to completely wire a car.
just make sure if you are asking for mil-spec components (you specified Tefzel wire) the switches, breakers and so forth are also on the same levels and not cheap auto parts store stuff. you will be shocked how quickly you can spend a bunch of money on parts alone.

I would not wire a car for 3500 if the requirement was top notch parts.

redline

$3500 Sounds quite a bit on the cheaper side. Like dzrt performance said, make sure that everything is mil spec that is suppose to be. In the past few years we have had a few trucks wired and 3500 isnt even half of what they cost.

green787

$3500.00 is what I wire a boat for.... The care that goes into wiring a Desert race car is about equal... You don't want your cu$tomer stuck out on the ocean, or stuck out in the desert....

D-rek

That is a good deal. The last car I did I had close to $2000 in parts and close to 80 hrs in labor.

green787

That is a good deal. The last car I did I had close to $2000 in parts and close to 80 hrs in labor.
Did I forget to say parts not included.... Sorry... I use used wire so I don't charge for it... comes off one boat, goes on another.. seems to just keep piling up... .... Copper is copper to me.... More concerned with finding various colors for identification... I can't even lift my milk crate full of 18ga wire remnants.....

dzrt performance

I've got pretty much the same thing going and need a price. I've been considering running a switch pod system from like switch pros or 4x4spod as well so I'd like your opinion on those.
NOWHERE near the capability or quality of Motec or life PDM and keypads. then again, its a lot cheaper and you get what you pay for.