Going to the Baja 500?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
...So who's going to the Baja 500? I'm going, as a spectator, and wonder where everyone stays/camps down there? I've been to san felipe many a time, but have not been to Ensenada for more than a day...any suggestions...or are any dezert people meeting up down there?

Later, Jaron

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I know that Klaus, Myself, and Gabe Lara will be going. Not sure what time and day. But we can post that when details are worked out.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
Ill be going and camping out at Erendira. Never shot a race from there before.

victor fabian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
CARCO RACING 5-1600

jimpat

Reaction
the estero beach bar is pretty damned cool........i'll get the first round!!!
jp

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Brandon, Tell Jamie and Jen my wife and I send our best wishes. Give us an update when you get back on how things go with the delivery. Thanks..

Junior

Reaction
You know Junior will be there with my chase partner the "Squid". We will be staying with our team at the San Nicholas hotel. Look for EJR Racing's Trophy Truck #44 sporting the stars and stripes paint scheme. We will be handing out stickers and other goodies to the crowd!

Special thanks to BF Goodrich and our title sponsor M&R Printing, the worlds leading manufacturer of automated screen printing equipment!

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

ryans

Reaction
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this board. I would like to say this board kicks a$$ as there are a lot of discussions that I find very interesting and informative. The Baja 500 in 2000 was the first race I attended. After seeing these cars and trucks up close I knew I wanted to drive one. After seeing what these cars and trucks can do I haven't been able to stay away. I don't know anyone personally that races but I am very impressed with the professionalism of the Dan Smith and Dave Ashley team. I will be at the 500 again this year. I plan on being at the road crossing near Cerre Colorado and back up at Ojos Negros for the return. I drive a blue Toyota with a BAJA RACING PRODUCTS sticker on the back window and a TOOMUCHFUN sticker on the bumper. Doesn't that just say it all? TOOMUCHFUN!!
Introduce yourself if you see me, my friend Tina makes killer Margaritas in the desert :)!

ryans

Brand new desert race fan... TOOMUCHFUN

Tom_Willis

Reaction
We'll be at the Start/Finish area all day. Come by and say "hello". And bring ice.... Lots and lots of ice.... SCORE is the only racing organization I know of that gives the participants a beer at the finish line.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Will be there, Probibly going down a couple days early for some pre-running. Will be staying Down by Estero. Race day will be at Ojos AM, Valle de trinidad lunch, Ojos PM. See ya'll down there.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
"SCORE is the only racing organization I know of that gives the participants a beer at the finish line. "

But only at the Mexico races! All other promoters would have problems for doing that here.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Junior,

Save us some stickers! The star with the sweeping stripes has to be one of the coolest logos.
Last time you guys were all out.

-Gabe

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Gabe, are you taking the new Ranger down there? I saw some pic's of it on go-desert and that thing ROCKS! I'll be taking my 4 seater for it's maiden voyage to the Baja 500. It'll be sitting at my booth during Tech. If your bringing it down, come see me at Tech, I'd love to get a closer look at it. BTW, testing on the 4 seater continues today.....boy I sure love this thing...WOOHOO!

Racers Only

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Rory,

I hope that you are going to do a little prerunning with the new car.

A pretty tough section is the run from Gauadalupe Wash to Ojos Negros. The course is just beat to I failed spelling through there.

We'll be down at Erendira for the race weekend. On Friday, We will make two trips up the course to San Thomas, then down the highway to Santa Maria and back up the course to our camp. I have a lot of family along hence, the spectating and fun running.

Hey Victor.. to be more exact, we will be at Punta Cabras @RM340.

PJCinLV

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Rory,

I'm going to try. I don't have the trailer for it yet, but may just say WTF, and drive it down, as the new transmission needs to be broken in.

Either way, I can't wait to see your toy! Last I saw it was in Primm last year.........

-Gabe

Junior

Reaction
Not a problem Gabe, I'll stash some away for you. The logo was designed by Thad Hutton, Rich Hoffman's Co-Dog. You can find us hanging out at the same place, accross from the San Nicholas hotel. My teammates would love to get an upclose look at your Ranger, and so would I.

Congratulations Rory! I know you have been waiting a long time for that 4 seater. I look forward to getting a better look at contingency. Be sure and bring some XXXL's!

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Gabe, I say "WTF" and drive it down. If we see you on the side of the road we'll hook you up! PJC, as for prerunning, I think I'll wait till I get back to make any major trips. I don't think prerunning the Baja 500 course in a brand new 4 seater to break it in is such a good idea, and trust me, with my luck, nothing will go right. I took her out yesterday and got into some big whoops....she was pretty harsh but didn't kick at all, just kinda hard to hold onto the wheel. I got one of my racing buddies who knows how to set up shocks, I'm going to see if I can meet him out in the desert while he's testing his car and see if he can help me dial in mine. Jr, hope to see you at Tech, haven't seen you in a while so I haven't bothered to get XXXL shirts! You better start showing your face around again!=) Wardy.

Racers Only

scott

Reaction
Gabe I second Rory's motion, to DRIVE THE F^^#^#^%-ing THING DOWN THERE. See ya at contigency!!!!

JCA

Reaction
Showing your face does not help. My wife and I showed our face so much you were like "oh noooooo not again". lol hey do you have any Enduro kids shirts? hahahahaha

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
Hey Pat,
That's where we'll be also. Im telling you man, you gotta stop following me. : P
Hey can you IM me with Fidels celly #.
C Ya there

victor fabian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
CARCO RACING 5-1600