GOING TO V2R AS SPECTATOR

reese5171

Reaction
A few years back I went to rawhide pit, good times, I drove down from Washington state. I'm thinking of doing it again this year

nohandslance

Reaction
A few years back I went to rawhide pit, good times, I drove down from Washington state. I'm thinking of doing it again this year
Hi Reese5171,
I'll be at Rawhide Thursday-Race day to support #6188 (Nephew Kyle, Mr Zaiden and Company). Will be set up near end of pit, look for the String of lights if you get there Thursday night. Breakfast served at 9 on Raceday.
Safe travels to all.
Lance Jergensen
Go #6188

novaman64

Reaction
Anybody have GPS files for this years course? Have a friend that has some property in Smith, thinking about going up and doign a ride from his property and see if we cant see some racers go by...

reese5171

Reaction
Good thread for this time of year. Spectating VtoR is similar to a peninsula B1K in that the cars only go by once making it somewhat boring. The main difference is spectating is NOT encouraged in Nevada where in Baja it's a way of life. And the tacos. And the beach. And the 'ritas.
Are you going to be in rawhide this year pitting

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Anybody have GPS files for this years course? Have a friend that has some property in Smith, thinking about going up and doign a ride from his property and see if we cant see some racers go by...

The GPS will not be out until 7 days before the event. There are some changes to this years course and the elimination of one of the pit areas.

Frank13

Reaction
I just want to thank all the Spectators ahead of time for coming out and watching this difficult to spectate race. You’ve definitely helped save my day a few times being out there, and i’m sure a whole lot of others as well.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
Does anyone have a map with a satellite overlay that a layman can see?

y2kbaja

Reaction
Are you going to be in rawhide this year pitting

No pit this year. I think Locos Mocos pits are all but retired. We're back to extreme spectators.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Does anyone have a map with a satellite overlay that a layman can see?
The map file should be out on the BITD site soon. You can download that into LeadNav, GAIA, Motion X or KARTA.

y2kbaja

Reaction
PM sent.

reese5171

Reaction
ok looks like in going to make the drive, need my off road fix, who else will be hanging out in gabbs or rawhide. should be around race day before the bikes start showing up

burninfuel

Reaction
Thank you. I'm staying at Zephyr Cove.

Does anyone have recommendations of spectating locations between Pit 13 WEEKS and the Finish. Appreciate it

Yes go across the street HWY 95 to the west, follow 2 track west and then south, pass ranch with big water hole/pond and follow train tracks south a couple miles to stop/check at rr tracks. about 5 miles west of hwy 95 crossing.
Watch trucks/bikes/quads/sxs do all at speed. Giant sand/gravel wide river bed /wash to up hill and back to 2 track road.
Visual for about 5 miles coming and 3/4 miles going.
were on top about 30' above all racers and usually a couple don't make the turn, fast hard right.
there is lots of more access to course to the west before entering the mountains and is single track till the top of mountains and then drop into the finish at dayton high school

burninfuel

Reaction
V2R visual west of Weeks pit.jpg
V2R visual west of Weeks pit.jpg

johndjmix

Reaction
Tell you what, after racing it a good place to spectate would have been in that town we rip through where the pit was on pavement (around pit9ish i think?) You wouldnt see any jumping or crashing but you would get to see all the trucks rip by.

Not sure if the course will go the same route next year but that would be a good spot off BLM land.

--John

landshark

Reaction
Tell you what, after racing it a good place to spectate would have been in that town we rip through where the pit was on pavement (around pit9ish i think?) You wouldnt see any jumping or crashing but you would get to see all the trucks rip by.

Not sure if the course will go the same route next year but that would be a good spot off BLM land.

--John

That was pit 10 in Gabbs Nevada

IMG_8408.JPG

View attachment 204088