• Forum membership has its advantages....

GOLDENDALE RACE new thread.

GBRACER

I want to start a new thread on this race.
I would like everyone who is interested in racing it in July 09 to PM me and I will edit this post and add names as we go, put buggy or truck in you e-mail.
Also if you want to test the track in Jan or Feb..
As info comes available I will post it for all to see..
Thanks
Grant.

RACE LIST

BUGGYS
1 G. Baylis

TRUCKS
1 Dale Nyste
2 Rich Bachand
3RumbleGoat Racing.

TEST n' TUNE (Jan or Feb)
1 G. Baylis

Goldendale Wa 850 acres+ private land, they are looking at putting on a buggy race and a truck race, it's 10.2 miles per lap, rolling semi desert terain lots of corners and a couple jumps.
Web site overthebargang.com
The website is motorcycles and quads but they want to try trucks and buggys, Broc Ross is communicating with the guys that own the land.
Trying to get a date in June 09 set and entry fee/ rules.
4 hour buggy race in the morning and 4 hour trucks in the aft. or certain amount of laps.
This is in the infant stage right now looking to drum up suport to encorage the promotors to go for it.
This track has been putting on races for 20 years very scussfull.

SO ALL YOU NORTHERN LIVING RACERS THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET A SEMI LONG DISTANCE RACE IN YOUR BACK YARD.
I used this post because there is a lot of intrest in a NW race.

Not much right now check the post in the desert racing section.
Looks like Ross might get a late June 09 race going.
We will be going to test /look at the track in the near future.
Will let you know things as they develop.
Winter is long and painful to wait out!!!
Thanks
Grant.

Originally Posted by power8888
where does the oregon race stand, how extensive was it looked into, did anyone talk face to face with blm or powers that be? any info would help, i to would like to see this become a reality like a lot of people, i might be willing to continue to move this forward so anything that you have in the way of info would be great

BLM does not apply this is private land.
We are looking at going down mid Jan or Feb to test and look at track layout, ( my wife is due erly Jan so that dictates when I go).

Right now we/ Ross is looking for support like ron7211 said a big turn out will encourage the owners/promoters to put event on.
I have a mailing list of racers from the old Hannigan speedway days that we will be calling all racers out.
For know wait until after xmas and then things should start moving ahead.
I do know Ross is communicating with the owners continually.

Thanks
Grant.

Last edited:

OldGreen

RumbleGoat Racing will be in. . .just don't conflict with our BITD races.

ckblum

This is rad, I wonder if I could find the track on google earth or something?
The website doesn't seem to work for some reason.

GBRACER

I want to start a new thread on this race.
I would like everyone who is interested in racing it in July 09 to PM me and I will edit this post and add names as we go, put buggy or truck in you e-mail.
Also if you want to test the track in Jan or Feb..
As info comes available I will post it for all to see..
Thanks
Grant.

RACE LIST

BUGGYS
1 G. Baylis

TRUCKS
1 Dale Nyste
2 Rich Bachand
3 RumbleGoat Racing.
4 Kevin Ostlund

TEST n' TUNE (Jan or Feb)
1 G. Baylis

tofarnorth

a vorra race all the way up here were in 1600 maybe 10 and 9

prerunner1499

this sounds like a good time. #1499 Risky Business Racing will most likely attend,,,,,,money pending of course. :).
After the Vorra Yerington Race, our crs is "usually" only needing minimal prep. Im going to tear into it soon and fix the things to get it otr for next season.
We had to rebuild the trans due to a bearing failure at Yerington (had to scratch). Got that fixed $1028 latter, now its just regular prep, weld crack in torsion housing, and its good to go. The $ part is over, not its just time to prep and repair with melting metal.

GBRACER

RACE LIST

BUGGYS
1 G. Baylis
2 J+J Racing 511X, & 9 car
3 To far north racing. 1600 & 9 car

TRUCKS
1 Dale Nyste
2 Rich Bachand
3 RumbleGoat Racing.
4 HRT Racing Alberta Class 7 open
5 Risky buisiness racing 1400 Truck

List is growing,
I know I have forgotten a few racers re e-mail me if you don't see your name here.

And I have been telling everyone July it will be June sorry for the wrong info Broc should have a date by next week, the proposal is being reviewed right as you read this.
Also Jan test date will be set,

Thanks
Grant.

GBRACER

RACE LIST

BUGGYS
1 G. Baylis
2 J+J Racing 511X, & 9 car
3 To far north racing. 1600 & 9 car

TRUCKS
1 Dale Nyste
2 Rich Bachand
3 RumbleGoat Racing.
4 HRT Racing Alberta Class 7 open
5 Risky buisiness racing 1400 Truck
6 G HGull 2 class 8 trucks

List is growing,

lowedown&dirty

It's taken a while to find this thread. Kept looking in the desert racing forum, not expecting it to be in the VORRA forum.

I am surprised that you do not have any names from the Island guys yet. I was at the Henderson BITD race with Theo Buursma and Darrel Johnson and they both said they were going to enter. I would think that Ian and Jerry Krull would be into it as well. I will be entering, if a new truck is ready in time. (I let my Dad co-drive at the Island Enduro and he crashed within the first 100 feet. Messed it up pretty good. Bent the front frame rails, the engine mounts, rad, etc... It will be a Pt. Alberni only truck from now on.) I am pretty sure Cory Alexander would race his buggy, too. ?class?.

I don't now what classes of vehicles are expected to race, but there are alot of sportsman vehicles in BC and WA state. Let me know. Send me a private message and maybe I can call you to clarify.

Sean Lowe
Sean Lowe Motorsports

BajaDale

There is a couple more Kamloops guys said they would go down too, We're thinking it's perfect timing for a shake down before the 1000 mile Vegas to Reno in 09!!

GBRACER

Well I just got of the phone with Broc.

RACE DATE COMFIRMED JUNE 13 AND 14.

Consession stand will be there,
Camping available
Gates will be open at around noon on friday for early birds.

Trucks Buggys and UTV's one of the nights.
Pit area will be marked out. 5MPH
Hot pit area for fuel and tires anything more go to main pits.
Transponders will be used for time keeping and scoring, rental/deposit on transponders.
Will read out on a display board as you swipe transponder. Showing position etc....

The test n tune day will be in May apparantly there is 2-3 feet of snow there until spring so no early pre running.

Rules and more details to follow.

Thanks
Grant.

PACWEST

I know about 3-4 UTV's that will be showing up. Do you know the rules for the UTV's yet? I will post some information on all the utv forums to help get a good turn out.

GBRACER

Some discussion about UTV's was.
Minimum stock cage or better, side nets or wrist restraints, helmets (duh) fuel tanks can be stock, but this might change we are looking into it, buy probably leave it alone cause not to many will have cells in them.
rzr tanks are the same as the poly cells you buy just missing the foam.

One important rule for all vechiles is short coarsing, the track will wind back and forth making it easy to short coarse, if you get caught you will be disqualified and asked to leave, you will not be welcome back EVER!! There is no million dollars on the line to cheat for so if you cant win like a man stay home.
This rule is in effect at all the bike and quad events that are currently run.

PACWEST

I think for the first race that leaving the stock tank is a good choice I don't think there is many UTV's up here with safety tanks. If you look at what the GNCC races have done back east there UTV races are getting 70+ entries with leaving stock roll bars and tanks.