Golf Cart Tires

novaman64

Working on getting my UTV setup for stock/production class dez racing. Have narrowed it down to the following 4 tires (all in a 32"x10/15 size). Wanted to see what all recommendations you had in terms of traction and durability/puncture resistance.

In order of price (highest to lowest)
BFG KR2 - 39.5 lbs
EFX Motohammer - 40.5 lbs
Maxxis Liberty - 38 lbs
ITP Ultracross R Spec - 39.5 lbs

Have heard mixed review on the Tensor DS, so not really considering them at this point...

Bert is my name

I've been really happy with radar tires. Have them on my wife's Saab 97x (Chevy trailblazer) and my f100. Great price. Wear evenly and provide good traction. I've hit rocks and curbs with them and no blisters or visible damage. Sidewalls are super thick. They also sell under the corsa name at discount tire. About 130 a piece at discount. O.r.w. charges twice that for radars.

esacksnav

Working on getting my UTV setup for stock/production class dez racing. Have narrowed it down to the following 4 tires (all in a 32"x10/15 size). Wanted to see what all recommendations you had in terms of traction and durability/puncture resistance.

In order of price (highest to lowest)
BFG KR2 - 39.5 lbs
EFX Motohammer - 40.5 lbs
Maxxis Liberty - 38 lbs
ITP Ultracross R Spec - 39.5 lbs

Have heard mixed review on the Tensor DS, so not really considering them at this point...

Have you looked into Arisun Aftershock tires? They are 37.9 lbs, I have raced King of Hammers many times and several hundred miles of baja on these tires with no issues. IMG Motrsports sells them!

Fourstroker

I've been really happy with radar tires. Have them on my wife's Saab 97x (Chevy trailblazer) and my f100. Great price. Wear evenly and provide good traction. I've hit rocks and curbs with them and no blisters or visible damage. Sidewalls are super thick. They also sell under the corsa name at discount tire. About 130 a piece at discount. O.r.w. charges twice that for radars.
Radar makes Tensors tires FYI

Really liked the BFG, they wear extremely well, but ended up buying ITP as they are half the price.

Here's a comparison video I made.

novaman64

Aren't all the golf carts moving up to 35's?
Depends on class and organization. Most the stock/production classes are still calling a 32" limit. Couple of the larger race orgs are saying next year 35's will be allowed. The new KR3 for class 10 is 35" but its also 55lbs.... wonder where the trade off is on weight vs ease of rolling over stuff, specially on a NA UTV.

dan200

#BSF200
Depends on class and organization. Most the stock/production classes are still calling a 32" limit. Couple of the larger race orgs are saying next year 35's will be allowed. The new KR3 for class 10 is 35" but its also 55lbs.... wonder where the trade off is on weight vs ease of rolling over stuff, specially on a NA UTV.
We pre run in a can am 2 seater and run 35's from our old 10 car. Bigger tires rule.

NIKAL

Aren't all the golf carts moving up to 35's?
35’s Really?

Score allows 33 and I was told BITD next year will be 33, as it should have been all along.

I have not heard anything about 35’s. But I am out of the racing loop.

dan200

#BSF200
35’s Really?

Score allows 33 and I was told BITD next year will be 33, as it should have been all along.

I have not heard anything about 35’s. But I am out of the racing loop.
Nope. You are right and I am wrong. I just looked at the unlimited rules for SCORE and BITD. The rules are 33 like you say. I know a few people who are rocking 35's but they arent on race cars. Just play cars and pre runners. They are nice though...

mgobaja

Tri-Ace is working on bringing to market a SxS specific tire. Green Army is the distributor for them. they are also putting a aggressive racer pricing package.

Fourstroker

Really liked the BFG, they wear extremely well, but ended up buying ITP as they are half the price.

Here's a comparison video I made.

Get on the BFG racer program and the prices are much closer. Still more but for a much better tire IMHO