On Topic golf karts!!!

Class10DAN

Reaction
"uh oh here's the under educated kid making a new thread." yea i am... its about golf karts and why so many people hate and love them kinda like Marilyn Manson or limp bizkit... anyways debate if you must, mainly because its fun to watch but if you have any genuine reasoning as to why you want them to (dis)continue racing, pour it out... i want to hear everyone's reasoning from the die hard racers to people who use their daddy's money... oh and be honest... or at least make it seem like ur telling the truth (lie if you must) thread is now open

green787

Reaction
What about owning a “race” truck and never racing it? Does that make you a poser?
IDK ......were you wanking while posting???? ... Let's let the thread be about Golf Carts and our opinions about them, instead of about ME this time.....

Last edited:

Tube ride

Reaction
With the sxs numbers represented at any race,sand dune,or trail system. It would be nice to know that the utv industry is leading the charge of keeping public land open. It feels like they showed up to a decades long war with little to no fighting, but are now sucking up all the gravy. Taxation of our sport without proper representation. If every new owner who purchases a utv is encouraged and educated and emailed about blm meetings and ways to get involved It could turn into a very loud voice.

class5cole

Reaction
Worked in the UTV Industry the last 6 years and I thank Covid for getting me out. Can finally breathe again. Overall UTV people are spending the most new money in the industry when you take in account, diesels, toy haulers, etc... But talk about disrespecting the desert. I wish I could even come up with a way to describe this revolution. I wasn't alive in the 80s so I can't compare it to the quad revolution for you Glamis guys. You know have these big money guys experiencing the desert culture for the first time and they think its the Wild West again. No trail courtesy in the mountains, babies sitting in the driver's lap while going sideways around Silverwood, physically trashing the desert, burning camp chairs after two White Claws, driving through people's property, the list goes on. I just hope more good is coming from it then there is bad but its sure tough to see

Side note: Any CVT car with an exhaust is probably the worst sound there could be.

class5cole

Reaction
I really don't mean to sound like the old man on the porch but I feel there should be stepping stones in Offroad. Just because you can buy a 150hp turbo'd 4 seater as your first desert toy, doesn't mean you should. Oh well, they set them on fire when the banks want their car back anyway.

Tube ride

Reaction
The term in surfing is KOOK! And the same thing is happening with stand up paddle boards. It used to take a truly dedicated disciplined person to have what it takes to be n the right place to catch the set waves. Now anybody can buy a sup and paddle out to the peak and kook it up.

class5cole

Reaction
The term in surfing is KOOK! And the same thing is happening with stand up paddle boards. It used to take a truly dedicated disciplined person to have what it takes to be n the right place to catch the set waves. Now anybody can buy a sup and paddle out to the peak and kook it up.
You mean I should't cut in on a local with my foam Costco board?

Fourstroker

Reaction
I'm probably in the minority of "Golf cart" owners. Was a buggy guy for roughly 48 years. When were racing our 12 car it was always nice to have a prerunner with alot of shared parts/spares. Since we sold the racecar working/maintaining a high compression race motor, prepping CV's and living through the fun that is a custom build became less and less fun. I bought a Canam last year and love it. Built/tuned it to be smooth, reliable, utilitarian and fun to drive. Keep in mind I have many years in the desert so I don't drive like an idiot and everything I learned about the dez I have passed onto to my riding group, some now have SXS as well.

However couldn't agree more that idiot central comes with this new opportunity. Want a good laugh/scare? Go out about 2 miles into the dirt on Stoddard Wells Road on a Sunday afternoon. SXS flying everyway which way but loose, no helmets, babies, etc. Of course there are also tons of bikes and quads doing the same thing.

sand shark

Reaction
I have enjoyed my SXS. Been messing around with them since 2008. Started off with a Rhino, then a XP1000 and now a Can Am X3. The XP1000 really changed things in the sport market and with turbo UTVs have raised the fun factor big time. For me I would never of explored as much of the desert or gone to Baja, if I did have a SXS. Grew up on ATCs, sandrails, Jeeps and quads.

I have enjoyed how far the UTV desert racing has gone over the last 10 years. It is for sure not a cheap entry class for desert racing anymore.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
Worked in the UTV Industry the last 6 years and I thank Covid for getting me out. Can finally breathe again. Overall UTV people are spending the most new money in the industry when you take in account, diesels, toy haulers, etc... But talk about disrespecting the desert. I wish I could even come up with a way to describe this revolution. I wasn't alive in the 80s so I can't compare it to the quad revolution for you Glamis guys. You know have these big money guys experiencing the desert culture for the first time and they think its the Wild West again. No trail courtesy in the mountains, babies sitting in the driver's lap while going sideways around Silverwood, physically trashing the desert, burning camp chairs after two White Claws, driving through people's property, the list goes on. I just hope more good is coming from it then there is bad but its sure tough to see

Side note: Any CVT car with an exhaust is probably the worst sound there could be.
Kinda like what Jet Skis did to watersports.

motoman29

Reaction
UTV's have done to Glamis what the sandcars did in the mid 2000's.

Bunch of kooks who don't know how to drive ripping around with too much horsepower and no brains.

At least with the 4 seaters back in the 2000's there were usually 3-4 people in a car, now with the UTV's they are mostly solo.

The "trains" of utv's can be miles long of douchebag after douchebag who have no driving skills, no courtesy, and just rip up the sand by braking at the wrong time, using too much of the right pedal at the wrong time, etc.

It really is sad.

jon coleman

Reaction
stand up surfers are Not allowed at windNsea, you Will be ,,, hmmm, ' addressed appropriately'

jon coleman

Reaction
UTV's have done to Glamis what the sandcars did in the mid 2000's.

Bunch of kooks who don't know how to drive ripping around with too much horsepower and no brains.

At least with the 4 seaters back in the 2000's there were usually 3-4 people in a car, now with the UTV's they are mostly solo.

The "trains" of utv's can be miles long of douchebag after douchebag who have no driving skills, no courtesy, and just rip up the sand by braking at the wrong time, using too much of the right pedal at the wrong time, etc.

It really is sad.
all the real dune runners dont use brakes

Nessy

Reaction
I grew up on dirt bikes,3 wheelers,quads and baja bugs. I raced motocross when I was youger and loved the competition but pretty muched stopped that after graduating and starting to pay rent. I still kept riding though and then I turned 40 and holding on for long periods of time got hard and I started enjoying the desert less and less Then I bought a Rhino in 2005 and loved it even though it wasn't that fast. By 2006 I was racing it and winning trophies again and having a blast. My success got me a spot in the driver seat of someone else's car in Baja in 2009 and beyond which is something I never thought I would be able to do. It also got me in the driver seat for Lucas oil short corse which is a blast also. I currently own 3 and I absolutely love the versatility. Yes there are a holes in them but I experienced that with dirt bikes and quads also. I couldn't care less about the haters, most just hate in general.