On Topic golf karts!!!

Class10DAN

its The IRON mans fault, he showed every one that its not as ruff as YOU , and Me thought it was, soooo, desert nation had to spend more to keep up, its a visciuos cycle, now its sxs s turn to make us All figure out how to " get over it" & put sxs " chatter bumps " behind us other racers, & let the slower guys bitch about them
ohhhh everything is now Ivans fault

ht racing

For someone who has something to do with with making a living that has to do wth UTV's out of havasu, its strange you have such a hard stance on them. Unless I'm mistaken on this...

You must not be very active on IG, or social media. There are infact idiots running around in TT, fully built 1450's, and class 1's on roads and doing dumb poop and people look at them as race trucks. Joe blow has no idea what the difference from a 1450 to a TT is.

The UTV/SXS class has brought alot of new money into racing that otherwise wouldn't be there, it has allowed racing organizations to do better races, better events and help fight for land use better. It has made offroad companies grow to sizes they never would have imagined and they in turn support the sport better.

For the record, you can finance a 6100 or a TT. Just ask brenthel. Its all over the classifieds.

The truth of the matter is, Trails are getting beat up from just more use in general. If it wasnt SXS, it would be quads, etc doing the damage. Its a traffic issue, not a vehicle specific issue. Dirt bike tracks get gnarly braking bumps and square edges too from just enough bikes running the same lines...
i am hard on the utv user because i get to see first hand the damage done . most of the real car builders have very little to do with utv building some have done a few. the trails here are almost to the point you cant use them at all until your out 40 + miles away from everything. quads and dirt bikes have been here for years before the utv came along and the trails were fine. now if you try to go on a trail with a dirt bike or quad it is horrible. going on a utv is horrible. polaris tests here and has to grade the trail to even test there utv because its impossible to drive in chatter bumps and test anything! half the owners stay on the street and load up and drive out of town to use there utv because the trails are so destroyed. as far as racing they are helping themselves and that is great. as far as helping other classes in offroad i do not see it. parker 425 at one point had a 300+ race car count before the first utv was built. in fact there would be more car counts in the classes if there were not a utv class so it has hurt the classes other than there own.

green787

i am hard on the utv user because i get to see first hand the damage done . most of the real car builders have very little to do with utv building some have done a few. the trails here are almost to the point you cant use them at all until your out 40 + miles away from everything. quads and dirt bikes have been here for years before the utv came along and the trails were fine. now if you try to go on a trail with a dirt bike or quad it is horrible. going on a utv is horrible. polaris tests here and has to grade the trail to even test there utv because its impossible to drive in chatter bumps and test anything! half the owners stay on the street and load up and drive out of town to use there utv because the trails are so destroyed. as far as racing they are helping themselves and that is great. as far as helping other classes in offroad i do not see it. parker 425 at one point had a 300+ race car count before the first utv was built. in fact there would be more car counts in the classes if there were not a utv class so it has hurt the classes other than there own.
The last time I raced or saw a trail was 10 years ago in Barstow....I thought THAT was pretty horrible..... Please describe "horrible" in more detail..... what is happening to the trails that are making them no good until 40 miles out....??? Wasn't that called "washboard" in the sixties... ???

DTPMS

Grasping at straws here over the class count deal. UTV is a semi affordable class to race if you aren't trying to run up front. You can argue that. So yes, they steal entries from other classes where someone might race but is racing a UTV instead.

Trails are more beat up because of SXS, I wont argue that. But its only because of their availability and ease of use. alot of the big name teams and smaller teams are pre running in SXS because of this alone. There's 10X the traffic their used to be on trails simply because its easier now. More family's are out and about etc.

They have their negatives, but all in all I think they are good for the sport.

ht racing

that's your opinion there great f
Grasping at straws here over the class count deal. UTV is a semi affordable class to race if you aren't trying to run up front. You can argue that. So yes, they steal entries from other classes where someone might race but is racing a UTV instead.

Trails are more beat up because of SXS, I wont argue that. But its only because of their availability and ease of use. alot of the big name teams and smaller teams are pre running in SXS because of this alone. There's 10X the traffic their used to be on trails simply because its easier now. More family's are out and about etc.

They have their negatives, but all in all I think they are good for the sport.
and that's your opinion coming from the utv side of things. i am looking at both sides and its more like 150x the traffic from utv use. its not all good and trails will get shut down because of it. we got swamped with boat use here because of covid and california and that's not all good either. time will tell on the utv issue.

NIKAL

Kristen & Wayne could be in another class besides UTV, but why? TT Spec, class 10, 1 or TT does not give you any more drivers cred. It definitely does not bring in more sponsors or money. It will cost you more money though as those are all Hobby classes.

In fact Jumping into one of those classes would be a step back for the Matlocks. Look at the sponsorship support they have in UTV. First off they have top notch factory support. What other class are you going to have manufacture support, with money? What about the aftermarket Suspension kit companies that give them parts, with money! Not getting that in TT, Spec TT or 10. Then you have a dozen or more tires brands in the UTV class and they have full Yokohama support, with money. How many tires are in TT or Spec TT? Shock companies already have their teams in TT etc and might not add one more team to the roster. Matlocks have that Shock support in the UTV class and get the best of the best parts from them.

And finally they are beating allot of classes they could be in. So why jump ship to a privateer hobby class with no money or sponsorships in that class?
Another reason for the Matlock family to be in the UTV class!

Matlocks are going to Dakar with Polaris!

Remind me why they or someone else should move up out of the UTV class? I guess if your looking for less opportunity or money then it makes sense to get out of UTV’s.

DTPMS

and that's your opinion coming from the utv side of things. i am looking at both sides and its more like 150x the traffic from utv use. its not all good and trails will get shut down because of it. we got swamped with boat use here because of covid and california and that's not all good either. time will tell on the utv issue.
Contact - UTV Engine Rebuilds, UTV Rebuilt Motors, RZR Engines / Hy Tech Repair in Havasu

Is your business, is it not? I don't doubt that you see the damage first hand if so. But its opening the world up to offroad a lot more than before. Catching more peoples attention and bringing more into the races. Its not the people who race SXS that are the heart of this problem. We need better offroad education.

jon coleman

while we are being safe, is it legal to have your motorhome popouts deployed into the street/ bike lane??( mess of them down at mission bay with there pop outs in the road

sand shark

Another reason for the Matlock family to be in the UTV class!

Matlocks are going to Dakar with Polaris!

Remind me why they or someone else should move up out of the UTV class? I guess if your looking for less opportunity or money then it makes sense to get out of UTV’s.
Pretty cool. I guess Polaris was tired of seeing Can Am dominate Dakar and also saw the success of the Americans in the UTV class. It is nice seeing more American teams venturing to Dakar.

I agree there is no reason for them to move to another class when they are paid well and make a living in the UTV class.

sand shark

There are a lot of UTVs in Havasu because the snowbirds all have them. Also people that have vacation homes there that would not normally be there in the cooler months are now there with their UTVs exploring the desert. Add in you can drive them on the streets. Also don't forget the AZ Peace Trail can be accessed from Havasu.

Havasu has the UTV World Championship race this weekend.

jon coleman

i bet they ( utv)are popular with retired snow birds is because they are automatics, grandma can hop in and zipp to the local 7-11 for more sand bar party supplies Allot easier than firing up the hi- strung, stick shift, fussy class 10

ht racing

There are a lot of UTVs in Havasu because the snowbirds all have them. Also people that have vacation homes there that would not normally be there in the cooler months are now there with their UTVs exploring the desert. Add in you can drive them on the streets. Also don't forget the AZ Peace Trail can be accessed from Havasu.

Havasu has the UTV World Championship race this weekend.
i live here for 20 years yes i know. what i am saying is that much use on the trails is making it the worse place to go ride in the desert. i have 2 of them and finding the trails that are not chatter bumped to the point you can't hang on to the steering wheel is getting tough. you take your wife or girl out and in 10 min they want to go back. no rain for almost a year has made the trails even worse as rain is the only thing that will smooth out the trails other than a blade. ppl that live here do not like to ride here. i would rather do a lap at parker in a utv right after the race than do 5 miles of this chatter up mess! lol

sand shark

i live here for 20 years yes i know. what i am saying is that much use on the trails is making it the worse place to go ride in the desert. i have 2 of them and finding the trails that are not chatter bumped to the point you can't hang on to the steering wheel is getting tough. you take your wife or girl out and in 10 min they want to go back. no rain for almost a year has made the trails even worse as rain is the only thing that will smooth out the trails other than a blade. ppl that live here do not like to ride here. i would rather do a lap at parker in a utv right after the race than do 5 miles of this chatter up mess! lol
I have not ridden out in Havasu in a very long time. Get that suspension dialed in and the chatter bumps are not too bad.