GOOD, BAD AND UGLY ABOUT NORRA M1K 2019

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Question, I have a race ready XR650R (SCORE setup) do I need to put the Rally Raid stuff or a GPS would do? Im considering racing NORRA in 2022.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
I likely know a bit more about the moto-only options along the peninsula than most, and @CHINOLAS and I talked some about that a couple years ago. Keep in mind there might also be a quad or 3-wheeler and maybe some riders on bigger adventure type bikes. Trails may not be so good and happy for these...
There is really only 1 trail I can think of that would work, not be too difficult, quite safe IMO, only maybe 15 total miles, along what I think the general route might be. Is it really worth changing up the NORRA route plan?
If people really want to ride single track trails in Baja, I know someone....
I have another idea I'll share privately with @CHINOLAS

knotcher

Reaction
Is it really worth changing up the NORRA route plan?
I have no idea! I'm new! That's up to the experts. As I said, even if it were identical, foot by foot, I'm still going.

If people really want to ride single track trails in Baja, I know someone....
Yeah, people do! Someday, I'd love to just ride for fun down there and take in the scenery and camaraderie. We have a saying which is "racing ruins everything". I imagine Baja single track can be incredible.

I have another idea I'll share privately with @CHINOLAS
Intriguing...

drGarbinsky

Reaction
Question, I have a race ready XR650R (SCORE setup) do I need to put the Rally Raid stuff or a GPS would do? Im considering racing NORRA in 2022.
I'd say a road book is a must. The GPS information does not provide you with as much information as a graphical depiction of the course. On top of that you can preview what is coming and build a plan for the next few turns / minutes. To be clear I've only done it once :D

Last edited: