• Forum membership has its advantages....

GOOD, BAD AND UGLY ABOUT NORRA M1K 2019

LantanaTX

We got hit in 2017 on the morning stage out of Loreto. Some one who stopped for us said he thought it was a four seat car but wasn’t 100% sure. Sounds like it might have been the same jerk.

knotcher

Late to this thread. Way late. 19 M1K was first rally, Baja, desert race on moto.

1. Need a rider's meeting. Not a driver's meeting. Have it EVERY race morning. Say the same stuff every day, just like other forms of moto racing. We're real dumb. You gotta drill it in.

2. Might consider a rule that riders are off bikes before fuel goes near it. I was doused in fuel before I had a chance to get out of the way. Super dangerous on a hot bike. Coming in hot for a splash we may need a second to collect ourselves before getting off the bike.

3. Leadnav in the ear is fine, but it isn't always correct. Unless you use an offboard high quality GPS it can be way off. Also, it seemed like all of the vados on day 2 were wrong so full trust is a no go.

4. THE ROADBOOK THE ROADBOOK THE ROADBOOK. That thing was deadnuts accurate. EVERY TIME. Also, I don't agree that it slows you down appreciably once you start vibing with it. I also think it helps keep attention up as there is always something to look for. Bite size chucks of focus.

5. Not sure I ever got the scoop on the move the 100 buggy pulled going around us when we had riders down on day 3. There were rocks that were close to turning a bad day into tragedy. Penalty system seems like a mystery.

6. I love the idea of a party that starts when the first bike finishes and goes into the small hours. Awards the next night. Maybe we just do that without NORRA setting it up.

7. I wouldn't say those of us that are running roadbooks are necessarily there for the adventure. If anything, I'd say that the people in cages with a person handling their nav for them are the tourists . . . I kid. :)

See you in Ensenada.

Zambo

A little over 2 months out if my watch is correct....any updates on UTV pit support for this year? @CHINOLAS what can you tell us? Muchas Gracias in advance!

CHINOLAS

A little over 2 months out if my watch is correct....any updates on UTV pit support for this year? @CHINOLAS what can you tell us? Muchas Gracias in advance!
Two Months from the next adventure, PIT support for Stock UTV´s Turbo and Non Turbo will be provided by Mag 7 as always but this year NORRA will install Tracking Equipment on each Pit and also MSAT Radios for Total Communication in the case one of them is out of their assigned location, all PITS will be verified by NORRA Ops and also this year we will install Stock UTV Fuel Splash Pits every 65 miles on long stages.

All Special Stages longer than 65 miles will have a Splash Pit for Stock UTV´s when no access or Highway crossing is available for Chase vehicles to refuel.

Currently, I am working on the course maps and will post mileage info next week.

Zambo

Two Months from the next adventure, PIT support for Stock UTV´s Turbo and Non Turbo will be provided by Mag 7 as always but this year NORRA will install Tracking Equipment on each Pit and also MSAT Radios for Total Communication in the case one of them is out of their assigned location, all PITS will be verified by NORRA Ops and also this year we will install Stock UTV Fuel Splash Pits every 65 miles on long stages.

All Special Stages longer than 65 miles will have a Splash Pit for Stock UTV´s when no access or Highway crossing is available for Chase vehicles to refuel.

Currently, I am working on the course maps and will post mileage info next week.
Thanks Eliseo, can't wait to get back! Besides simply being in the right place I'll reiterate that having serviceable dump cans that are appropriate for the job would be a fantastic upgrade. When a pack of 4 Hunsaker dump cans, with hoses and everything, can be found for 200 bucks there isn't much reason to use ancient moto cans that pour slowly and leak all over the place, including the fueler and drivers.

CHINOLAS

Thanks Eliseo, can't wait to get back! Besides simply being in the right place I'll reiterate that having serviceable dump cans that are appropriate for the job would be a fantastic upgrade. When a pack of 4 Hunsaker dump cans, with hoses and everything, can be found for 200 bucks there isn't much reason to use ancient moto cans that pour slowly and leak all over the place, including the fueler and drivers.
Will definitely talk to Mag 7 about this.