good car...

tapeworm

Reaction
At 6 grand that’s a steal for a competitive car. Someone is going to come up on that.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

ACME

Reaction
Seagroves built it for Butt, err... "Bud" Michael Ward, class whine errr 9 now 1600/Lucas racer and all around good guy!), very fast top of the line car that he took very good care of.

Scale the car to confirm it makes weight. Bud Added weight to make sure it was legal when he raced it.

Good buy on a great car!

ACME

Reaction
for sale?

Joel: You looking for an enclosed? May be selling a clean 20'x102" wide, V Nose, all insulated, ft cabinets/SS work bench, coin floor, 110 wired in/out, silver grey color with rock guards. Thinking of going tiny since I'll never have another car big enough to fill it...

BUDMAN975

Reaction
I haven’t been on here for a while, by the time I saw this post the ad was removed. If it is in fact my old single seater and it was available for $6K the new owner got a steal! You should have picked it up Jeff. I just drove SNORE Ridgecrest with my brother in the 9 car I built for my daughter and he to race, we had a blast! I entered it in 1600 and finished 6th. Class 9 is still a blast!

Attachments

• F3A4F422-6D68-4CCA-850E-620C2C2C70C6.jpeg
    F3A4F422-6D68-4CCA-850E-620C2C2C70C6.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 311

Speedingjake

Reaction
I haven’t been on here for a while, by the time I saw this post the ad was removed. If it is in fact my old single seater and it was available for $6K the new owner got a steal! You should have picked it up Jeff. I just drove SNORE Ridgecrest with my brother in the 9 car I built for my daughter and he to race, we had a blast! I entered it in 1600 and finished 6th. Class 9 is still a blast!

It is your old car. I am very excited to now own it. The previous owner really did give me a great deal. Its been over 15 years since I race and I have a question that you may be able to answer. On the spindles, The rule of thumb was you had to weld the camber adjusting nut to the spindle. On this car they don't seam to be welded. Is there a reason why?

BUDMAN975

Reaction
It is your old car. I am very excited to now own it. The previous owner really did give me a great deal. Its been over 15 years since I race and I have a question that you may be able to answer. On the spindles, The rule of thumb was you had to weld the camber adjusting nut to the spindle. On this car they don't seam to be welded. Is there a reason why?
You can but it’s not necessary, that cars history is not long but filled with success, I believe it won 3/4 of the races I drove it in for 3 years, only 1 DNF and like 3 championships. Won the inaugural and second year back to back pro-9 championships. If I were you I wouldn’t change too many things on that car including trans builder, Transaxle Engineering is the best for class 9. Not sure if Barn Burner is still building engines but Babe cannot be beat. If you get to a race and need a back up driver let me know, I would love to get in that car again.

ACME

Reaction
Bud: I thought you finally outgrew swingers? Your kids are old enough to race now??? Sheez now I know I'm too old...

Seagroves only built really nice/competitive cars and next to the Lothringers, they were the nicest cars built at the time IMHO. Sorry Francinnnne/Miss-Fit.

Like I said: Good buy on a great car!

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Never too old to swing!!! My daughter loves riding shotgun with me and my little brother got some good experience in what I think is the roughest of courses. Oh yeah a good used set of BFG KR2 32” tires work great on 9 cars!

Attachments

• FCC680B7-53F6-4D07-80AF-7D852C84E512.jpeg
    FCC680B7-53F6-4D07-80AF-7D852C84E512.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 280

Speedingjake

Reaction
Never too old to swing!!! My daughter loves riding shotgun with me and my little brother got some good experience in what I think is the roughest of courses. Oh yeah a good used set of BFG KR2 32” tires work great on 9 cars!

That's about the only thing I want to change on the car is the back tires, they are pretty eaten up. Do you know who has the best deals on a new set if those tires or a new set of 33" Yokohama Super Diggers 3?

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Why waste time with a new set of Superdiggers? New BFG Muds have a much better grip and will hold up to tons of horsepower. Try those. I hear they can outlast the trans.

BUDMAN975

Reaction
A “good used set” will work on a 9 car, a new set is a bit too much traction for the gearbox in my opinion. I would hit up 1600 racers around Vegas for old take offs. I never ran a brand new set of rear tires, I would use 1600 take offs and tires from my prerunner so they were worn down quite a bit.

Speedingjake

Reaction
A “good used set” will work on a 9 car, a new set is a bit too much traction for the gearbox in my opinion. I would hit up 1600 racers around Vegas for old take offs. I never ran a brand new set of rear tires, I would use 1600 take offs and tires from my prerunner so they were worn down quite a bit.
Thanks for the advise. The car came with three "good used" Yokos. and five good fronts, so I'm good on tires. Just got two new batteries in last night, so I will be putting them in today if I get a chance. Do you remember what the weight of the car was? The guy I bought it from told me it might be a little under weight. The car also does not have an external oil cooler, is one not needed? Thanks again.

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Check your messages.