• Forum membership has its advantages....

Good coilover spring compressors?

milktoast

What are guys using out there for decent spring compressors that can easily/safely compress eibach springs on coilovers? Tired of fighting my rear coilovers when needing to make adjustmenta, and I need to adjust my ride height. Not looking to spend $700 but also dont really want to do the $30 special, unless they are doing the trick for people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

milktoast

I have 2 of these.
MacPherson Interchangeable Fork Strut Coil Spring Compressor Extractor Tool Set | eBay

They have worked great for over 2 years now. On the heavy springs 700lb or heavier I run 2 compressors. AND i had to grind the blades in a few spots to get them in and out easier. Also they will scratch the powdercoat usually in a few spots.
Great thanks for the info! I also saw some like that with a protective coating on them but are 2x the price. May just try spraying in some bedliner type material and see if that doesnt do the trick to protect the powdercoat.

milktoast

Found some on Amazon for $109 with yellow plastic covers. I'll see if they are worth the slightly higher cost. Pretty cheap investment on a seemingly quality tool either way.

85yota

My shop neighbor has a set that he applied clear vinyl onto the forks. said it basically eliminated scratching.

Bert is my name

I really like the o.t.c. strut compressor. Works well on most struts and coilovers. Wide range of adjustability and only one tool to wrestle with instead of two. Death sticks work well but take more time to set up and are kind of sketchy at times. If the is enough room the o.t.c. is easy to use on the car/truck.