Good samaritan?

sanfelocrew

Reaction
Could someone explain, what happened to heidi steele? What is this penalty?

Enviado desde mi XT1528 mediante Tapatalk

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
Are you talking about Cameron Steele? Heidis truck had a motor let go ending their day. There was no penalty. Cameron was given 3 min back for stopping to check on a fellow racer that had just crashed.

450grl

Reaction
I had no idea there was a Good Samaritan points award - I love that idea! :)

johndjmix

Reaction
Good Samaritan list starts in this thread

Thank you 10000 times over for the guys in the Toyota with the bike on the carrier on the back for pulling out my raptor around RM309.

I got high centered in 4' of silt and literally 30 seconds later they came out of the darkness to help. I was on my way to rescue the truck/crew so this really helped a lot. Thank you!!!

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

43mod

Reaction
that's funny John they had just pulled the race truck back on its wheels for me . They were very relictant to go where they did for fear of getting stuck but they did it anyway. I walked in front of them for 200 yards to show the way. I hope they found their rider safe and sound . 403 X possibly ???

y2kbaja

Reaction
In the race day thread I read PAB stopped for Ampudia after he crashed. It looked nasty. Baja gods give one to PAB. Thanks.

MasTacos

Reaction
This is why one should carry extra race shirts in chase trucks. It's a nice thank you (and bribe if needed) to people who help.

az_amsoil

Reaction
Our #1425 stopped several times to help others get unstuck, we crossed the finish line about 30 minutes after it was closed, HOWEVER we got an email from SCORE saying that due to the sportmanship time credits, we are now listed as officially finished 2nd in our class!

Also a HUGE shout out to the #8117 team (Foutz Ford Raptor team). Those guys were awesome and helping teams throughout the race. The race truck would stop and help those that they could & their chase trucks would as well. I can say they helped us finish without a doubt!

johndjmix

Reaction
Az_amzoil: ran into some guys at the truck stop in prim, nv last night at they said the same.

Way to go raptor team.

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Lot's of Credit to my co-driver Cody Stuart, CodyS earlier in this thread, he was the one that got out and ran over to the truck to make sure Alan and his navigator were okay.

When we crested the hill we were pretty much right behind the #10. I looked at the bottom the hill and didn't see them making the right turn, like they vanished. It took a second to process....I think it didn't hit until I we saw their body panels on the ground. Finally we realized they were wadded up at the bottom of the maybe 200 foot tall sand hill.

We slowed and looked and then stopped where we were not in the course on the left just after the turn. We tried to be calm and called it in on Weatherman, Cody jumped out and as I spoke on the radio I watched the mirror for driver suits and helmets. Cody made sure they were out and okay. I saw Cody running back and we then relayed they were okay.

Cody told me he knew Alan was okay because he was so pissed that he messed up...a sigh of relief for us and all in radio land. I feel bad if Mrs Ampudia (mom) was listening as I had to use their name as I could not remember their TT number since they were new.

Sorry if I sounded a little panicked......