Good spherical Bearings/Uniballs that are cheap + durable

geoff

RDC Crypto
I need to make some A-Arms for a road race car. What brand spherical bearing do you guys recommend that is durable and cheap? The car doesnt see crazy loads or jumping-abuse obviously, but I am sick of crappy bearings that pound out the liners.

i figured you guys are the ones who could help with this one.

1) the spherical will be replacing an original bushing of

64mm Diameter
63mm height 2 (height of misaligments)
14mm thruhole

2) the spherical bearing we're currently using for mockup is:

COMAT-M18 18 1 42 31.75 16.5 21.89 23 15.0°

42mm Diameter
23mm height1 (where misalginments would attach)
18mm thruhole

thanks for any advice

Ryan B

RDC Crypto
how "durable"/"cheap" do you want them. Hiems, and uniballs are a wear item in a race car/prerunner or whatever. So if you're looking for something to last all season with no play in the bearing i don't think it's possible. But maybe I'm wrong, and you'll get lucky.

What brand are you using now?
From the experience i've gained every single car is different, and i've had the most luck with aurora's. The wazoo$$$ NHBB Deffinately are the nicest hiems i've ever used, and lasted longer than anything else.
good luck

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
durable and cheap dont go together. Run FK/Aurora or NHBB on any race application.

socalmoto

RDC Crypto
You could try the newer heims that have the nylon liners. Fk and a few other companies sell them and they are usually 1/2 the price of the teflon lined bearings. Since the nylon is molded in, they may not knock out the liners. I have never personally used them though