good spot to watch @wildwash

BigB99

sorry for the newbie question but Wildwash will by first desert race so i was wondering where a good spot to watch would be. i got the map off of mdr site. and any tips like "dont get run over" would be great.

ntsqd

The yumps right at S/F are a good starting point. I generally prefer to work my way around up-course rather than down-course.

You're far more likely to get run over by the wannabe's than a racer or a chaser.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Tyson

A decent spot to spectate would be right before pit row (off outlet center drive) there are so big whoops that they usually come flying through. Or if you go a few exits down the 15 to Hodge there is a decent spot to watch as well.

Good advice obviously don't get too close to the track - Its not marked that great and the race cars don't nessesarily have to stay on the course so just be aware of your surroundings.

Rule of thumb. . .if you see a big crowd of people (and its not a pit area) chances are there is a jump or obstacle of some sort there and usually makes for a good place to watch. But again don't get too close.

and don't get run over LoL

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

elcaprerunner

Hodge Road Jump. RX 10 or 11 on the map.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

ntsqd

Who owns that 70's Suburban that was flying thru the the yumps up-course form S/F last night ? Are those some first gen Kuster's on the front of it ?

TS

elcaprerunner

Holy crap ntsqd, I don't know who owns that thing but they were camped right next to us. We tried to go to bed around 11:30pm last night and that thing kept driving around and it was louder than all the race cars that were there. They would fire it up, drive to S/F, come back and rev it about 20 times before shutting it off, then five minutes later they would fire it up again, this went on ALL NIGHT LONG!! Yeah, it was pretty annoying when everybody wanted to get up early for the race.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

martininsocal

Hey guys...if you can getthere, between mile 24 and 27 are spots to watch. There is a good access road that is not part of the course to reach it, but I don't know how to descrice it other than south of start/finish. Once again, there were lots of broken cars through there. If you getthere early enough and camp, it is a great place to hang out all day and fix anyone who breaks through there. Thats what we did in November.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

ntsqd

Had a rightgeous big block in it. I don't envy your attempt at sleep.

TS