• Forum membership has its advantages....

google earth file for SF250

Stuck Sucks

That's what I did: embedded the SCORE-supplied .kml file into a Google Map. I also removed the steaming pile of unnecessary code which came with it, and cleaned up a lot of other problems. A more sanitary map.

While I was at it, I included chase access roads (green) which was also converted into a .usr file for the Lowrance GPS in the chase trucks.

rocdog

That's what I did: embedded the SCORE-supplied .kml file into a Google Map. I also removed the steaming pile of unnecessary code which came with it, and cleaned up a lot of other problems. A more sanitary map.

While I was at it, I included chase access roads (green) which was also converted into a .usr file for the Lowrance GPS in the chase trucks.

That is awesome. I am running out of time to spend on the computer to do all this work. Any chance I can get you to email me both the Lowrance and Garmin files you did up? I will buy you beer down there! davedevlin@sbcglobal.net

Baja_Nikki

That's awesome !! Could I get that also, please!! bajanikki@gmail.com

rocdog

Over the years I have learned that Spectators at racetracks make the racing more dangerous for everyone.

Do not post information that could affect off-road racing.

VIVA BAJA!!
What are you talking about!?! Are you serious? This is a score race posted for all to download and use to race or view the race. And because a guy cleaned up the GPS map to share that is making the racing more dangerous.

Again, cocktails on me down in Baja SS. Thanks for sharing the files...

icons-gps

How could explain it to not misunderstand?

Less people on the racetrack, less danger to themselves and competitors.

If viewers are kept in the usual places will be easier for everyone and especially for competitors and rescue teams in case there is an emergency.

Not all spectators attending the races are responsible and not all maintain a safe environment for themselves and others.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
What are you talking about!?! Are you serious? This is a score race posted for all to download and use to race or view the race. And because a guy cleaned up the GPS map to share that is making the racing more dangerous.

Again, cocktails on me down in Baja SS. Thanks for sharing the files...
X2. I don't understand icons comments either. SCORE and the state of Baja California certainly do not keep any race a secret. From what I have seen locals now are more tech savvy then I am, and can simply go on the SCORE site and print the map. They know where the access roads are, but I am not as certain about these things...thus asking for the file. So in other words, there will be tens of thousands of people lining the San Felipe race course, regardless of whether Stuck Sucks (the guy above) posts Google Earth file or not. My 2 pesos.

Baja_Nikki

Exactly.. Anything that is posted by SCORE on the internet their webpage is public information to the world. The internet is worldly and most everyone knows how to use it..