• Forum membership has its advantages....

Google Earth Satellite Imagery Captures 2016 Baja 1000

Baja_Seve

Nice find. Load the 2016 Baja 1000 course in Google Earth. Zoom in on the race course where it comes out on Hwy 1 at Acambaro. Google Earth satellite captured the Baja 1000 from RM 77 to about RM 82. The GE high-resolution imagery in this section is dated 11/17/2016.
Give-aways:
-Hundreds of chase/support/spectator vehicles along Hwy 1 from Acambaro and south.
-3 huge Tecate tents in front of Acambaro.
-Backtracking from Acambaro, multiple spectator/spectator groups and EZups along the course.

Trivia: How many race vehicles can you spy from Acambaro back to RM 77? (Hint: dust is a give-away)
Bonus: Anyone care to identify the race vehicles shown?

What other oddities can you find that says a race is going on?

Satellite imagery is amazing. Hat tip CC and JM.

mebedb1

Nice find. Load the 2016 Baja 1000 course in Google Earth. Zoom in on the race course where it comes out on Hwy 1 at Acambaro. Google Earth satellite captured the Baja 1000 from RM 77 to about RM 82. The GE high-resolution imagery in this section is dated 11/17/2016.
Give-aways:
-Hundreds of chase/support/spectator vehicles along Hwy 1 from Acambaro and south.
-3 huge Tecate tents in front of Acambaro.
-Backtracking from Acambaro, multiple spectator/spectator groups and EZups along the course.

Trivia: How many race vehicles can you spy from Acambaro back to RM 77? (Hint: dust is a give-away)
Bonus: Anyone care to identify the race vehicles shown?

What other oddities can you find that says a race is going on?

Satellite imagery is amazing. Hat tip CC and JM.
I've been pondering posting ^^^^this. good find.
Also check out Ensenada @ the start line, appears to be a truck class, but the wash is quite empty, and the shadows tell me 10's have gone,
looks like truck and buggy class' out of the wash and up the pavement and to the end of the new hwy...

royrjs

C11's were about to start, Art Penner at the ramp and you can see Perry (white), Dennis (green roof), Cops (black) and Solórzano (red) in line.

BajaFand

So how did this happen? Just by luck the GE happened to take photos of that particular section of northern Baja at that particular time on that particular day? That's pretty cool. How often does GE update their images?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

200MPHTape

So how did this happen? Just by luck the GE happened to take photos of that particular section of northern Baja at that particular time on that particular day? That's pretty cool. How often does GE update their images?

It varies how often they update, and just pure shait house luck on the day of pic. The last time they updated the area of our property in the desert was last year the day my son had his bachelor party. It was taken around 2pm, you can see me sitting in a chair on the porch and all the toys are gone when they went for a ride. We can see the tracks and know were they went but they did not show up in the surrounding pics of the compound, we figure they went from one grid to the other when it was taking pics.

Klaus

Administrator
Maybe a good way to find out who was course cutting but then they are already getting tracked by technology.

Nice find

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

mebedb1

The GE image prior to this one,which happens to be dated 11/17 (race day was the 18th),was actually the day of the 2015 B500