Gordon dakar 2014 ?

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
RDC Crypto
Don't know if its been asked or not yet, but why couldn't Robby have rented one of the Hummers from MY Racing without Yazeed? The HST was admittedly a thrash session car, why not save it for 2015 as planned?

Yumaoffroad

RDC Crypto
Don't know if its been asked or not yet, but why couldn't Robby have rented one of the Hummers from MY Racing without Yazeed? The HST was admittedly a thrash session car, why not save it for 2015 as planned?

U answered ur own question

JPBart

RDC Crypto
Perhaps RG was being paid to drive the second hummer or getting a free ride in exchange for bringing his crew or whatever. Maybe paying the whole rental bill himself didn't make business sense to him since he could build and run his own car and still own the race car when it was over. It's RG so there could be any reason he chose not to. Assuming it was even available to him. Yazeed might have a long term deal with MY and not want to send a car to Dakar.

Dusty Ventures

Bacon Lover
RDC Crypto
Probably because renting the second Hummer without Yazeed would have meant renting all Yazeed's service trucks as well, since all the parts are now with the Hummer and it wouldn't make much sense to ship RG's service trucks to Yazeed's shop, put the parts in RG's trucks, then ship the service trucks to France. RG would have probably also needed to be more hands on with logistics, paperwork, and possibly even vehicle prep and organization/packing of the parts in the trucks. Maybe he decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle and expense.

It should also be considered that maybe Yazeed wasn't interested in renting out his vehicles if he couldn't be there.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
RDC Crypto
I could be wrong ( shout out to 'Slinger) but from what I've read Yazeed doesn't own the Hummers, MY Racing does, and Yazeed "rents" them from MY? Is that correct in any way shape or form?

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Do you guys remember the ads that were posted. It was something along the lines of 1 mil to rent and 1.5 mil to buy the package.

Do you really think he was gonna rent one back for less than he was trying to rent for?? Lol

Dusty Ventures

Bacon Lover
RDC Crypto
I could be wrong ( shout out to 'Slinger) but from what I've read Yazeed doesn't own the Hummers, MY Racing does, and Yazeed "rents" them from MY? Is that correct in any way shape or form?

Now that you mention it I think you're right. Maybe a cost issue then? Having to pay for all the service trucks and (presumably) the MY Racing support staff himself instead of splitting it with Yazeed? Pure speculation here but I'd wager Yazeed was originally planning to pay more than half the total rental bill, since partnering with Robby meant having the man who knows the cars better than anyone on site.

Ryan_P

RDC Crypto
Robby wouldn't even buy Cup car chassis' from big name race teams, do you think he'd honestly rent out his old equipment that he sold? Come on now ha.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Other than the public announcement that he was planning on renting a hummer this year...

I could be wrong, but I don't remember him saying he was actually renting one, just was supposed to drive one as part of the deal.

chupakabras

RDC Crypto
and BJ didn't missed that waypoint, yeahh, it only toke him like 3 hours to find it, lol,