Gordon/Harvick To Run BAJA 1000

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Saw the update on the NASCAR show on Fox last night. No real details it just scrolled along the bottom where they post updates and results.

BigD

Reaction
i hope dale jr. does drive a rival truck so robby can stomp him and show those nascar fans what kind of a driver he really is!!!!! my two cents....

Tomack

Reaction
Jr ia a good driver. But if he came to the desert, Robby would show him how to do things. Rubbin is racin. If you dont like our style put the dress back on and go roundy round racin.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I hope Harvick wears a set of depends if he is shitting, I mean sitting, shotgun with Robby!!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

deleted

----
Reaction
Gordon and Harvick will be piloting to 2 Chevy TrailBlazers and are being
backed by RCR and GM.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports/ Protruck 27 / Excursion 4111

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Where did you hear this from? I guess GM is willing to spend some more money in the desert if you have Richard Childress interested.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Are these going to be new Trailblazers or the previous "Vortec" Trailblazers?

"Quality has No Fear of Time"

DougM

Reaction
I thought they had mothballed those Trailblazers or they were show cars now?

I wonder if Robby will have his crew prep them?
Why is harvick getting to drive his own, you'd think he would co-dog with Robby and learn something not just jump in and drive his own?

RacerX

Reaction
Its good to see some factory involvement. Maybe this can turn things around, and bring in bigger and better things. It will be interesting to see if harvick even knows how to change a tire.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Its very likely that if they are planning for Harvick to drive, that Robby has his or another truck that Harvick is getting some seat time in. There is no way they would just throw him in a truck and expect him to race. When you get big time owners like Richard Childress involved the factories will be much more open to help out in the desert. With this excitement for the Baja 1000 I think there will be some news crews around and there should be some TV coverage.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I was talking to the head of the vortec team on the plan back from cabo after the 2000. The story at the time was they were selling one truck and putting the other in a museum. They were selling of alot of shop equipment and spares to. The plan at the time was to build two new trucks and return for the 2002 season. So they could just be a little late on the original plan but with some new backers....

Ryno

Reaction
Kinda shocking to see Robby behind a Chevy...but hey, I'm not one to argue. I am wonderous to why Chad Ragland isn't driving one of them. King Larry was Mr. Vortec, with all the GM factory backing known to man. I would love to see the pit crews in the middle of the desert doing stops with all their gear and garb on....that would be comedy! =) Thank god there is finally another Chevy team....Ragland, Collins, Miller and Patelli need the extra support. Not to say the 4 forementioned guys aren't great, but chevy is outnumbered 2-1 right now.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

scott

Reaction
When is Harvick getting any seat time because of the NASCAR schedule??? SCORE bumped the 1000 back because of them wanting to run and any other probables...... I heard Robby is running his same TT but instead of a Ford body it will have a Chevy body on it.... I heard that the Groff Class 1 car sponsored by KLSX will have Jimmy Vasser for the 1000 also???? Anyone ??? Class, Class ???
Anyone ????

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
There are seven days in a week. I am sure that Kevin has some extra time away from his busy NASCAR schedule to play around in either Robby's or another truck to get a feel for driving an off road vehicle. Just like many of us who have a full time jobs and still find the time to prep and test our race vehicles before the race, Kevin has probably found some time for himself. I would find it hard to believe that Kevin would jump into a TT on race day without ever driving one first. They do get a few weekends off during the season and they will have a week to get ready for the Baja 1000. I am sure that Kevin will get some seat time in a TT before the start of the race if they expect him to drive.

scott

Reaction
Yeah, and lots of us don't get off work and travel and jetset all over the country with fundraisers, interviews, testing New cars, and the track their running the following weekend etc. etc. I doubt he has the time you think he does....

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Hope they're nothing like the old Trailblazers... even Larry couldn't keep one on all all fours! Need more time in design and less in the wind tunnel. (PLEASE!)

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>