Gorman Ridge Rally

E.Hagle

Reaction
Sure this should probably be in the rally racing section, but it doesn’t get enough action.

I’m planning on signing up in the UTV class with our prerunner and the entry list is looking pretty thin right now. Not sure if a local stage rally event interests any of you guys but its happening July 31st.

If you have a UTV as a prerunner think about bringing it out. If you aren’t familiar with Gorman the park is called Hungry Valley OHV and it’s about an hour north of LA.

Driver sign up is here:

Rally info here:

E.Hagle

Reaction
Not sure about restrictions. The two websites I added will definitely have some information or hit contact for an email address

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
I looked at the rules and it doesn't look like I'll fit. It doesn't say anything about opening doors but it does say my cage has to be welded to the factory mounts and cannot be bolted. Also I'm not sure what size tire you run but they limit the tire size to 26" according to the rules. It looks like a fun event. Maybe I'll head up that way and watch.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
I looked at the rules and it doesn't look like I'll fit. It doesn't say anything about opening doors but it does say my cage has to be welded to the factory mounts and cannot be bolted. Also I'm not sure what size tire you run but they limit the tire size to 26" according to the rules. It looks like a fun event. Maybe I'll head up that way and watch.
It says 32" max and it's only for SxS's.

matthewb998

Reaction
My BITD card is almost finished getting a fresh drive train in it. Maybe we can figure out a way to run that.

E.Hagle

Reaction
I’m on the fence about going or not. I don’t want to spend the money if I’m only racing one other guy. It’s on about an hour from home base so it’s not a huge trip for me, more about the awkward feeling of being a part of something that’s sort of half ass.

boondock

Reaction
I cant attend this year, but this is the single most adrenaline filled event I have ever participated in. If you are competitive and are able to race within yourself, this is one of the best uses of a race legal SXS I have found in California.
That being said, there are really big cliffs, don't be a hero, and find someone who has done it before.

I have an 8 point cage 4130 cage, nets, seats, harnesses, extinguishers, first aide, tools, survival, helmets, suits, HNRs, gloves, bumpers, and lights. Talk the the tech inspector before hand and get ready! A SXS can definitely compete for an overall podium with good notes, navigator, driver, and reliable equipment.