GORRA and Dusty Times info?

jokes506

Reaction
I'm doing a school project about a guy who was real involved in the GA off-road racing and obviously, there's little on the Internet for it. I heard it's been mentioned in various issues of Dusty Times, does anyone know where I might can find an archive or something of the magazine to be able to look Through? Or any other info on GORRA?

gmmvp42

Reaction
If you can contact jimmy crowder racing , he's og south off road racer, I only know from dusty times

retroblazer

Reaction
Crowder was(is) located in Tallahassee, FL. Most of the racing was in Florida. Not much off road racing in the South.

MC@ Performance Fab

Reaction
There was a guy from that area that was in the RC car market, I think Bolink was the brand name, did some racing back there and also helped sponsor Tracy's Party Ice way back when. Can't remember his name but if this sounds familiar I can ask Tracy. Thinking his first name was Bob.

jokes506

Reaction
If you could come up with a specific time frame you' probably get some forum members to look in their back issues. There's was also the Off Road America publication that covered a races in the Mid-West and South East that may have information.
I'm not positive on the dates but I know it's somewhere late 70s-early 80s

Reaction
IIRC, DUSTY TIMES began publication in 1983. Off Road Action News and Off Road Advertiser were among the magazines that preceded it.

Clay Wylie

Reaction
I'm doing a school project about a guy who was real involved in the GA off-road racing and obviously, there's little on the Internet for it. I heard it's been mentioned in various issues of Dusty Times, does anyone know where I might can find an archive or something of the magazine to be able to look Through? Or any other info on GORRA?
I may be able to help you? I raced in the GORRA series a few years, and so did my dad. I knew a lot of the racers for many different years of racing around Georgia, and the neighboring states. I have some of our old newsletters stuck away somewhere, I may have to dig them out...

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Hot VWs had coverage of GORRA stuff from the late 1980s, but I don't remember them saying the promoters name. Can you narrow the search parameters a little?