Got airbumps?

orvacian

Reaction
I finally got some airbumps! Thanks to Austin and Todd I was able to make it happen! I wend down to the FISHYFAB corporate headquarters and their top tech/welder/engineer/ceo/vp of marketing/racedriver Austin did some nice work cutting the 1/4" plate and welding it all up. We used three wide pieces of 1/4 plate to mount the can to the frame. I was VERY impressed with his welding skill, he did a great job! We were able to make them fit without cutting off the stock bumpstops, use the full 4" of airbump travel and still have a few inches of suspension up travel before the arm hits the airbump. WOW, what a difference it makes!!!!!!!! I did not realize how much better the cornering ability would be. It corners like it was a lowered truck! No more bottoming out and I can go much less on the shock's compression valving so it is softer over the small stuff. My front end travel is actually only 12" but the airbump makes it seem like much more. I can't wait to hit some whoops and jump it and see how it does! Here's some pics:

Thanks again to Austin and Todd!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by orvacian on 11/06/02 10:45 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I was waiting for someone to say that :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Hey Fish, the tubes that wrap around the bumpstops, did you make those or buy them? If you bought them, then where at? But if you made them I give you madd props!

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Nope they are bought. They are Airbump Cans....You can get them at Camburg, Baja Concepts, Kartek.....just about any of the shops have them. They are about $50 for the pair.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"I must say those are nice cans :)"

Jerry are you watching too much Howard Stern? JK I think every other guest he has on the show he says that to.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

SDranger

Reaction
Ya, airbumps make a big difference on my truck too, especially when cornering like you talked about. Now you can go out and show those civics whats up. lol

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125