Got rear ended today

K5Blazer

Reaction
Got rear ended today, of course the person didnt try to stop or use their brakes before they hit me. im geussing they were doing about 50 when they hit me. It ripped my hitch completely off my truck and bent the hell out of my frame. I wish people would learn how to drive in the rain. Hopefully the insurance company will give me the correct amout of money to fix my truck.. This really sucks.

1992f150

Reaction
I saw so many cars on the side of the freeway today...some red jeep wrangler by arrow highway exit on the 57 was over the curb on the side of the steep hill, lucky he didnt roll down.
Then some accord on the temple north onramp went off to the right side grass and took out one of those utility electrical boxes. Then about 50 feet farther down something I didnt see it but some deep muddy skid marks in the dirt and the top of the carpool traffic light was ripped off and hanging by afew wires.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

martininsocal

Reaction
I've only been to about 9 traffic accidents since it started raining, we actually thought it would be busier!
Lots of hydroplaning from excessive speed. I can't even count the number of cars that have been passing the fire engine while we have been responding to accidents on the 10 only to have them slam on the brakes in front of us as we approach the accident site. Folks in socal must have holes in their heads, their brains obviously short circuit when wet!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

hoeker

Reaction
and i was dissapointed people around here can't drive in 3 inches of snow, you guys really have it rough, the masses can't even drive in the rain??? what next?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

robert_encinas

Reaction
if it snowed here in southern california (not up in the mountains) we would all be screwed. no-one knows how to drive here,
especially if you are running late for something.

19Ranger97

Reaction
damn...so many ppl just dont pay attention while driving. Tonight, right on front of my work a guy crossing the street got hit by a car...he looked pretty bad...and 3 days before that a lady came into the parking lot too fast, lost control drove up a curb took off the front of an Eclipse and ended up on its side. crazy ppl.

-xXx-
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kraproom.com/teh/Site/index.html>97 Ranger 4.0</A>

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Maybe one of these days the DMV will actually make sure that people know how to drive before they just had out a license. I can't wait for it to be like in MAD MAX where I can pull out my sawed off shotgun and blow the bad drivers away and then take their gas. With the way the gas prices have been rising this may happen sooner than later.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Maybe if they did the test in ONE language and one language only, it would eliminate a lot of bad drivers. last time I checked the signs were in English.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Paige

Reaction
Glad you are okay - yesterday one of our clients was on his way to a meeting when he and his co-worker were rearended my a Semi-truck that didn't use his brakes. Both my client and the other guy were sent to the hospital, truck is totalled. Injuries not serious as far as they can tell.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

drtdevil93

Reaction
ya, the DMV's system blows. back in high school, my friend andrew got his license without a problem, and proceeded to get in 4 seperate accidents the first weekend. he has been in a few more since. i failed my first time, had a perfect score til i made what the tester called a dangerous maneuver. she didnt realized that a car was parked at a 4 way intersection, thought i didnt yield. second attempt i got a perfect score. have no tickets or accidents since (almost 6 years now). anyone that is familiar with the fullerton DMV, is probably familiar with "the fat lady". this lady is an honest 400 lbs. and she takes out her fat aggression on everyone smaller than her (everyone).

one of my favorite things to do at my cabin in big bear is to sit out on the porch and watch all the morons. people driving on the asphalt a week after snow with the chains still on. the "city guy" that slammed on his brakes in the ice to make the turn in front of my cabin, and slid up my yard. morons.

erik

K5Blazer

Reaction
DMV does suck. Its quite amazing what people can get away with. My friend has totaled two cars and he didnt even get his liscence suspended or anything, all of this was within his first 8 months of driving too.

Im lucky I wasnt driving another car at the time, sometimes I'lll drive my dad's corvette when my truck is broken or in the body shop. I surely would have been hurt if they hit me in that thing. The girl that hit me ended up with a broken wrist, looks like she had a death grip on the steering wheel as the air bag went off. Eric is right, there are some idiots in big bear, i once saw a guy put chains on the rear wheels of his front wheel drive minivan and another guy do just the opposite in a 2wd S10.

Looks like im going to have some fun with the insurance company, my truck is only worth $2500 to them but I bought it for $6000 last year and have put about $4000 into it so far. But my agent is the agent for the girl that hit me, and it just happens to be time for me to renew and my parents and my dad's business has all of their insurance through the same agency. So maybe it wont be so bad after all.

schafer

Reaction
I got rearended last year in bigbear, lol, it was DRY! the lady just decided not to stop and hit me, then proceeded to tell me she didnt, even though she pushed me into the intersecion and her front of her car was totalled. i just laughed, collected her info and got a paycheck for 800 bucks for a small dent.

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Let me know if you are going to put a replacement bumper on it...I can get you a deal. PM me if you need one.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
HEY!!!!!! All you flatlanders stay down there!!!!! We don't need anymore of you idiots driving like you do up here!!!!!! If you don't know how to drive in the rain, STAY AWAY FROM THE SNOW!!!!!! YOu know how long it takes me to get home on Saturday mornings when I get off work and there is snow up here!!!! My record from Angeles Oaks to My house in Bear City is 8 hours and 23 minutes!!! You know how long it takes me to get down the hill giong to work on Wednesday mornings? My house to Angeles oaks, 30 minutes and I can be at the 215-10 interchange in an hour. Damn Flatlanders.....

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

K5Blazer

Reaction
I come up the back way so you have nothing to worry martin. Were do you guys have cabin's at? My parents have one in the escape complex.

drtdevil93

Reaction
im in sugarloaf. we were actually the first ones there, early 60's. they offered my dad the whole area, like 5 square miles, but he didnt think it would ever be worth anything. theres about 250 houses now in the area he would have owned. dohk!! i always go up the 38. always lots of morons on it to, but probably not as many as on front way. we are right across from the baseball field next to the fire station.

and ive been going to big bear since infancy. so im only half flatlander. i just got a fj55 landcruiser, so i now i can do a little 4wheelin now. i used to always have to get in my buddies trucks when we were going to the trails.

erik

leftwing55

Reaction
heck if you need a replacement bumper for the back I will be removing my stock one.. and I'll sell it to ya for CHEAP!! Besides, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you're ok.

<font color=green> When the GREEN flag drops the BS stops. </font color=green>