Got rid of my Durango yesterday

jg009

Reaction
Of course, it was AFTER I found metal shavings (not little particles, SHAVINGS) of metal in the rear diff fluid. ugh! Anywho, I straight across traded for this bad boy:

1989 BMW 525i, lowered w/ aftermarket shocks, 17" wheels, 245/40R17 front tires, 275(!)/40R17 rear tires (not sure what they are off the top of my head). I like it, I'm very happy with it.

sparkypyro

Reaction
So you knowingly dumped a car that you knew was bad and didn't say anything? If so you are a douche bag.

P.S. BMW 525i's are notorious for problems and you will feel the pain. Should of stuck with the bad diff.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
What goes around......

Attachments

• Karma.wmv
    3.7 MB · Views: 119

sparkypyro

Reaction
I worked for a MAJOR BMW dealership in 1991 and this guy will most definitely feel the karma train. Those things broke left and right, nice car AT THE TIME but expensive to maintain. Might really consider investing in AAA, the premium plan!

jg009

Reaction
It was the guy who owned the BMW that looked at it. We pulled out the drainplug in his driveway. In all honesty, I didn't know. If you took the blue book value of the Rango and subtracted the labor and parts cost that it needed, it would take it down to $1400 or so. The BMW owner knew that (he used to be a mechanic) and I realized it, too. Even if this guy didn't buy it, I wouldn't be able to sell it without telling someone about the problem. That's just wrong and it happened to me with one of my old Subarus.

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction
So you knowingly dumped a car that you knew was bad and didn't say anything? If so you are a douche bag.

P.S. BMW 525i's are notorious for problems and you will feel the pain. Should of stuck with the bad diff.

HAHA thats the best thing ive heard all day.

hammer down racing

Reaction
Even if this guy didn't buy it, I wouldn't be able to sell it without telling someone about the problem. That's just wrong and it happened to me with one of my old Subarus.

But you have no problem beating the crap out of an old Toyota all day and parking the muddy mess in the back before you snuck away?

michael_loomis

Reaction
I think its absolutely awesome that you bought a bimmer!! Now you can go bother the BMW forums with your lame threads about the dumb stuff you've done.

If you posted here, asking for advice, you would be well received. You can't seem to grasp that though... have fun with your new whip!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Thanks for the Rep JG... too bad you have none to subtract! HAHA

michael_loomis

Reaction
Nah, gave me a nice little chuckle though. Kinda like you folks over in Purple! :D