gotta love body lifts

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Would there be any downsides to buying a used ranger that has a 3" body lift, and removing it? would there be any potential problems? the seller says the only things changed was the steering shaft has been lengthened, which sounds kinda goofy. I was just wondering because otherwise it would be a pretty good deal to buy this truck.
thanks, Jaron

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Everything that spans from chassis to body should be examined. Things like the steering shaft and hoses, brake lines from the master cylinder to the frame, parking brake hookup, shift linkage, wire looms, all cooler lines and especially the radiator mounts and fan shroud. It also depends on how high the body lift kit is. The higher it is, the more radical the modifications. It shouldn't be too bad unless the previous owner was a real hacker.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Check for structural integrity of the cab as well (at the mount points). If its been on for an extended amount of time, the mounts will punch through the floor. If it has been repaired, or needs it, it just gets plated there.

-Gabe

Tyson

Reaction
I'm going to pull the body lift out tonight out of my Toyota, should be fun I'll let you know how long it takes or if I come into any problems.

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
thanks you guys, I don't think the trucks too hacked but not sure if its right for my project, I think it would be more expensive to buy stock hardware to fix it than a body lift would cost
Jaron

Tyson

Reaction
Well my body lift is no out!! THe only problem was the damn steering shaft that thing is a 8itch to get out. BUt it eventually came out, as did the 2" pucks holding the truck up. I can't believe how small (about 3/8 or 7/16) inch bolts holding the cab to the frame. . .oh well I'm not worried those will be gone forever next week when my truck gets the cab cage project built. YEAH!!!

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

SDranger

Reaction
Jdogg, you don't need to buy stock hardware, you can just get some bolts that will work from ace hardware or something.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125