• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic GPS. Files and such

Dirtracer 619

Hi all. Im back! So heres my dilemma I am finally going to get a GPS tomorrow, its used a 540C. So i tried to download a manual. It said i needed an to un zip it. So. Downloaded Win zip and it worked. Then went to PCI website to download some trails they have up in Barstow and some files to update the firm ware from Lowrance and it said cant unzip try a different app. WTF. So you guys got any tips for me or is this just another lesson in trouble for this old guy. Haha

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

Dirtracer 619

Hi all. Im back! So heres my dilemma I am finally going to get a GPS tomorrow, its used a 540C. So i tried to download a manual. It said i needed an to un zip it. So. Downloaded Win zip and it worked. Then went to PCI website to download some trails they have up in Barstow and some files to update the firm ware from Lowrance and it said cant unzip try a different app. WTF. So you guys got any tips for me or is this just another lesson in trouble for this old guy. Haha

What im looking for is,what apps are needed to load tracks and race maps. Thanks

swiftracing5

I use cam-unzip to unzip files from scores site. Once they’re unzipped you can drag them right into your card on the computer. If that’s what you’re asking.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

PaulW

Unzip is a basic function of your PC If you do not know how to unzip then consult Google for the basic details.
When you unzip tracks for Lowrance the result is a .USR file. You take that file an transfer it to an SD card and put it into the GPS, load and view it. If you want to view the track on your PC then download Trackmaker and open it.
If the unzip track file is .GPX format then open it in Trackmaker and save it as a Lowrance .USR file..
If you are trying to do the above on a Mac or any IOS platform then you need to get a PC.

Dirtracer 619

Mac it is. I will try it on the 19th when the race gets posted. I think im getting things figured out. Still very new to this GPS thing , I will look into the above apps thanks

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert