GPS Mount for Bike

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What brand mounts are you guys using to mount your GPS? In a few weeks the new Lowrance color hand held comes out and I will be purchasing it. I know that RAM makes a bunch of different mounts, what I want is a mount that will mount low to the bars.

kenaroo

Reaction
What brand mounts are you guys using to mount your GPS? In a few weeks the new Lowrance color hand held comes out and I will be purchasing it. I know that RAM makes a bunch of different mounts, what I want is a mount that will mount low to the bars.

that new lowrance looks nice..

I'm not a big fan of the ram mounts.. I really like the pricey mounts from touratech. but I don't think they have one for lowrance . though you might be able to adapt one to fit the new model. looks like the garmin quest is about the same size.???

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/navigation.lasso?SubCat=TT_mount&-session=touratech:4672A8BC0c54d1B160ONj2FE972F

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Those sure are nice but I ride a ktm 530 not a 990 Super Adventure LOL. And they are WAYYYY out of my price range, if I cant find something maybe I will have one made perhaps, well that wont be cheap either.

CHASER

Reaction
I'm not a fan of the ram mounts either so I made my own. I like that it's tucked in tight and out of the way. Everything else seemed like to much money.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
DezPilo...I think I sent this to you before, when you asked. But here it is again. All of my buddies that do long distance extreme desert rides use the IMS products universal mount. I love mine. They hard wire their's in, but I just use good batteries. :)
I can't speak for the lowrance delio, but the key to making a Garmin live on handlebars is isolation. On the IMS mount the clamp and mount are isolated via rubber. I think the IMS deal is around $60 - $70.

Attachments

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Touratech makes the best mount out there. Pricey? You get what you pay for. Most GPS can't handle the torture that bikes throw at them. Spend the money if you want to get the most out of your investment.

Touratech is tested in the most extreme conditions. They just work, the rest are just posers, it's really as simple as that.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Touratech makes the best mount out there. Pricey? You get what you pay for. Most GPS can't handle the torture that bikes throw at them. Spend the money if you want to get the most out of your investment.

Touratech is tested in the most extreme conditions. They just work, the rest are just posers, it's really as simple as that.
But the Touratech is just too large and doesnt fit my bike. I will go with the IMS, thanks everyone so far with the replies. I do like the Touratech if I had a big Adventure KTM, I know they are a great mount as they are featured in the KTM hard parts catalog, I am not trying to downplay them at all just that they are too bulky looking.