GPS question..

Kenshiro

Reaction
Hi there..

Is anyone using Garmin GPS/Plotter in your desert racers? I have seen alot of interior pics with Lowrance systems. Is anybody using Garmin..?

I got some good connections with Garmin Sweden after my russian trip with my snowmobile.. So i would like to run Garmin in my desert racer, if it is a good setup..

I have tons to do before this is even close, but this just popped into my head..

Best regards from the Swede

Linus..

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
im a fan of garmin and have been lookin at the diff. set-ups that would b possible in our car, every1 uses lowrance and i think that garmin is more user friendly... good luck and keep me posted if u find a set up that works for u... i would b interested in getting the same set up!!!

kenaroo

Reaction
there is a few threads running around on this forum do a search for a more in depth discussion

Lowrance has more waypoints that can be used to mark the course where Garmin is limited to the numbers per route.

you can use garmin but you have to break the route into multiples or section up the course because the whole course can't be loaded at one time..

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
there is a few threads running around on this forum do a search for a more in depth discussion

Lowrance has more waypoints that can be used to mark the course where Garmin is limited to the numbers per route.

you can use garmin but you have to break the route into multiples or section up the course because the whole course can't be loaded at one time..
yeah thats how my little handheld garmin is.... i was hoping that they had fixed that since my handheld is nearly 10 years old.... its just fine for a loop race but a point to point is a whole diff story