GPS routes from Santo Tomas to San Queniten

1wayne

Reaction
Does any one have gps notes for going from Santo Tomas to San Queniten. Going in August got lost between Camalu and Colenet the last time we went.Please help

1wayne

Reaction
e

Are you looking for chase roads and highways? or a specific race course? Do you need tulip notes or a GPS plot trail(s)?

I am looking for old race course notes or GPS plot trails. Want some thing up to date if possible a lot of new farms and gates. We got really lost the last time we went. Thank you

Mike Hobbs

Reaction
Not to be a smart *** but how can you get lost on that route?

When you come to a dead end, go north or south… You’ll either arrive at the Ocean or highway and find your way again.

Does any one have gps notes for going from Santo Tomas to San Queniten. Going in August got lost between Camalu and Colenet the last time we went.Please help

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
It can be really hard finding your way off the point once you get out on it. Everywhere you try to go ends up at the same place you just were. I've experienced it first hand. All I can say is go hard left when the fence ends........NOT straight or right. once you get off the point and through the wash it is pretty easy to just follow the beach.

If you get to the rock quarry with a road leading down to the river be nice to the family that is there. When they ask you for money before they will give you directions give them some. Then they will open the locked security gate and you can drive right across the wash/river. If you blow them off, when you get to the gate your gonna have to wait for the guy to come walking up laughing at you as you stare out at where you want to be, but can't get there. I think the price probably goes up too.......Not that I've ever been through that or anything.......

Last edited:

1wayne

Reaction
Not to be a smart *** but how can you get lost on that route?

When you come to a dead end, go north or south… You’ll either arrive at the Ocean or highway and find your way again.

If you could keep going north or south without running into a new fence or gate that is't locked,I would end up where I wanted to go. As far as can I know the Pacific is to the west and the highway is east corrected me if I am wrong. Good thing your not leading the way.LOL

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
I agree that the Colonet area is tough if you don't spend a bit of time there. I will have all new GPS notes after next week when we are taking our friends and family down for a bike and pre runner trip.

The Colonet point has a bunch of new roads out on it that have been plowed through the shrub and goes everywhere it seems. I think they are getting markers out to survey the point for the new port which I doubt will happen very quick. Watch out because a couple of them end in tight turns just before the 277 foot tall bluffs that are the South end of the point. I know the height because I lost a bet here!

The best rule is if you are following the course south stay left at the last two y's after Johnson Ranch until you come to the valley that is the river that runs out to the South side of Colonet Point. Then turn towards the beach, stay left in the salt flats to get to the other side or you can run out to the cobblestones that are a little narrower than the Erenderia rock whoops. I wadded up here a coupel weeks ago!

Coming from the South go across the river and hug the hill on the left until you see the road wind up, then stay right until Johnson ranch area.

If you do get out on the Colonet Point you are all good while in the green fields. If you get out to the dense bush you are getting into never land, the good news is that as in most of Mexico the dirt road was a solid effort for someone and it will take you somewhere. As a rule the fences that run like they are heading South and North do as far as you need to know. Follow the south direction fences to the end of the fields and you will find the road below the in the wash. If you are trying to go north I would say follow the east direction fences until you are on the east end of the fields and then head North.

Hope that helps......I was bored so I thought I would type!

DezGuy

Reaction
Dont worry about high tide!

Attachments

• BAJA07103.jpg
    BAJA07103.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 288

1wayne

Reaction
I agree that the Colonet area is tough if you don't spend a bit of time there. I will have all new GPS notes after next week when we are taking our friends and family down for a bike and pre runner trip.

The Colonet point has a bunch of new roads out on it that have been plowed through the shrub and goes everywhere it seems. I think they are getting markers out to survey the point for the new port which I doubt will happen very quick. Watch out because a couple of them end in tight turns just before the 277 foot tall bluffs that are the South end of the point. I know the height because I lost a bet here!

The best rule is if you are following the course south stay left at the last two y's after Johnson Ranch until you come to the valley that is the river that runs out to the South side of Colonet Point. Then turn towards the beach, stay left in the salt flats to get to the other side or you can run out to the cobblestones that are a little narrower than the Erenderia rock whoops. I wadded up here a coupel weeks ago!

Coming from the South go across the river and hug the hill on the left until you see the road wind up, then stay right until Johnson ranch area.

If you do get out on the Colonet Point you are all good while in the green fields. If you get out to the dense bush you are getting into never land, the good news is that as in most of Mexico the dirt road was a solid effort for someone and it will take you somewhere. As a rule the fences that run like they are heading South and North do as far as you need to know. Follow the south direction fences to the end of the fields and you will find the road below the in the wash. If you are trying to go north I would say follow the east direction fences until you are on the east end of the fields and then head North.

Hope that helps......I was bored so I thought I would type!

Thank you, that makes alot of cents, we tried that the last time, we'll try it again. the last time when we came down from Johnson Ranch I think thats were we went wrong at the Colonet road, I think I should have gone east a little bit , then turn south on the other road heading south.I think that runs into the wash your talking about.

kats

Reaction
TRUE!!!!! too bad next week when i am doing it the tile will be at + 6.77 when a normal tide is about + 3.....

but i will have the GPS dialed in after next weekend!

If you are in a MX there is a single track for it tide shouldnt be a problem but there is no way a Quad can go thru.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
If you are in a MX there is a single track for it tide shouldnt be a problem but there is no way a Quad can go thru.

We crossed this top secret line around the point at a +2 tide and had a nice salt crust on the bikes. I agree the line on the rocks is no worries on the bikes but I think we will get stuck by 3 feet of water at the point south of "Corona lane".

I don't think there is any timing in the world that could take a bike through there at a +3 or more, let alone a +7 almost. I'm actually worried about some of the normal secret beach poaches we are planning on running!

"Factory" and I will be there Tues sussing it out for the weekend.

Wish you all could be there.....

kats

Reaction
Lol. looks like we are cruising the same spots, I was there two weeks ago and planning to go back there on two more weeks, can't stay away from that ride!

DezGuy

Reaction
You really dont have to be down on the beach. There are plenty of ways up on the cliff. Lots of farms though with dead end roads. Last year we almost lost a quad on in the ocean with a really high tide!

1wayne

Reaction
we are taking buggies so I dont think we make around the point. So I guess we will find our way the old way.Look around and find our way.Thank you

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Pab and the DA are doing a couples trip next weekend, bikes, quads, 4 seaters, and trucks. Should be a blast. About 15 couples are going from Arizona and California. Racers, friends, relatives and industry people. We are staying on the coast to avoid the heat and wow the wives with the views.

I got the Alumicraft all prepped and ready to roll.....Yee Haa