GPS to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwilder

RDC Crypto
Hello, My name is David and I am new here to race-dezert. Last year my brother decide to endulge in a new hobby which we both love, racing. Our first race was the Baja 1000 in 2006, we took 2nd place in the 7sx class, 1st in the Baja 250 (2007) and 1st in the Baja 500 (2007). My brother was told of this site by another racer. If we are not working during the day we are working on our truck to make it run with fewer mishaps. we got our brakes worked out, still working on the constant breakage of the leaf springs though not breaking as often.

I enjoy going for a putt now and then, usually for an out of town lunch via mountain roads or just to go sight seeing. I find it to be really relaxing.

Good Luck to those of you that will be racing in Las Vegas next week at the Primm300. this will be my first.

My brother is the driver and I run the navigation for him, there is still alot about the navigation system that I need to learn but have figuered out the basics by reading the manuels on the system. We are using the GlobalMap Baja 540c. I would like to learn how to transfer the GPS data to the PC so that I can clean up the race course symbols/icons. I am looking for any and all help I can get and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All.

Desert_Roller

RDC Crypto
Website
www.position1design.com
If you just want to clean up clutter, you can do that on the GPS starting with the menu key.

To load your GPS files from your unit to your PC or vice versa you need a MMC card and card reader available wherever you buy your PC hardware. Some GPS units do not see a 1GB or larger card, so don't waste your money.

If you want to go advanced and load background maps to the 540 you need MapCreate and the secure card reader they supply as a package. This software is a topic in itself, because it is not user friendly!

If you want more details let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.