GPS TRACKS - CATAVINA TO BOLA

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Not looking to have someone post these publicly but can anyone direct message me and get me emailed some gps tracks for the singeltrack that goes from CAT-BOLA ?

Hoping to do a ride down there for my birthday in September or October.

Couple other questions.

Can you get from the observatory down to mikes without any issues ? Plan was to sort of go from Santo Tomas to San quintin then up melings road to observatory and then down into mikes and up and out pine forest and cross border in tecate.

Advertising supports this site

BajaCharlie

RDC Crypto
Pretty sure the Lizard Lady can help you with the Catavina to BOLA (Might want to look into Fred’s truck trail, it was used on the last Baja 1000) In regards to your route up to the Observatory you can go up using the San Telmo road, when you’re coming down from the Observatory you can go thru El Coyote and head north into Mikes. From Mikes go thru Valle T head west on the highway to the Pine Forest turn off but stay on the trail to the west (El Compadre). Take El Compadre past Rancho Veronica to the highway and jump on the old highway west into Tecate.
Best I can do today, I’m in La Paz this week with wifey
Cheers Baja Charlie

Attachments

• 6CB66563-20FB-4031-8741-58A003E2844A.jpeg
    6CB66563-20FB-4031-8741-58A003E2844A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Pretty sure the Lizard Lady can help you with the Catavina to BOLA (Might want to look into Fred’s truck trail, it was used on the last Baja 1000) In regards to your route up to the Observatory you can go up using the San Telmo road, when you’re coming down from the Observatory you can go thru El Coyote and head north into Mikes. From Mikes go thru Valle T head west on the highway to the Pine Forest turn off but stay on the trail to the west (El Compadre). Take El Compadre past Rancho Veronica to the highway and jump on the old highway west into Tecate.
Best I can do today, I’m in La Paz this week with wifey
Cheers Baja Charlie

Yeah her or someone who has run the bill nihcols stuff. El rosario to Catavina then the Cat to BOLA section is what I am curious about.

Tractor trail is fun we pre ran and raced that this year for the 1K like you mentioned.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
You might want to contact Tim Morton directly. I would guess he has good some information on this.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I typically like to self guide my own rides but I wouldn't be opposed to someone legit showing me and a few guys around south of San Q to BOLA. One way ride and truck out.

Not really into the 10+ rider groups. Maybe 3-4 guys tops. Fast.

Anyone out there do stuff like that whos legit. I know Henge does some bigger group rides, alexander smith I've reached out to a few times but I think he's moved on from that.

Anyone else know someone whos got a ton of experience who would want to guide ? Maybe a 100$ per rider could go towards the deal and expenses , rooms , food paid.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
I've hired both Cameron and Tim before and you can't go wrong with either. Cameron doesn't really do the commercial tour thing, more like friends/industry people where Tim will take "anyone" as that's his full time business. Definitely hire someone though if you want to score the epic single, there's not really GPS files that I'm aware of, they are more of routes each guy has made over the years. You'll be surprised to find out how many of them are right off of lines we've been racing for years. Cameron is taking us on a trip in June for my bday - can't wait!

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I've hired both Cameron and Tim before and you can't go wrong with either. Cameron doesn't really do the commercial tour thing, more like friends/industry people where Tim will take "anyone" as that's his full time business. Definitely hire someone though if you want to score the epic single, there's not really GPS files that I'm aware of, they are more of routes each guy has made over the years. You'll be surprised to find out how many of them are right off of lines we've been racing for years. Cameron is taking us on a trip in June for my bday - can't wait!

Pretty cool! Have fun.

I will have to reach out.

BajaCharlie

RDC Crypto
Here’s the Bill Nichols trail which gets you over from Catavina to Puertecitos. From there you head south to the turn off to Calamajue (where the old Coco’s was at) where you go through Frog Canyon and out to El Crusero (by Highway).
It’s been a while since I’ve ridden parts of this so I’d contact Tim Morton to confirm the route

Good luck and have a great ride
Baja Charlie

Attachments

• Rockman Trail.pdf
    9.5 MB · Views: 0

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Lots of guys wont share their trails to people they dont ride with regularly.
Tim may, or he may take you on a ride.
If Charlie has some trails hes willing to share, I'm sure they will be good ones.
Living this far from the border makes it harder to get with groups who ride Baja all the time.
When I lived in San Diego, I rode Baja almost every weekend. Usually with the Los Ancianos.
But did some rides farther south with my cousin and friends from La Paz north along the sea of Cortez.
Good luck.

BajaCharlie

RDC Crypto
Hola Crusty, totally agree with what you’re saying, I’m not sure if Tim will chime in. But Tim goes way back with Joey Lane and his dad Joe Lane and Joe is my best friend. Joe and I started riding quads back in 2002 through out Baja using Lizard Lady routes. We touted ourselves as the “Can’t See, Can’t Hear , Can’t walk, Can ride” guys” we rode probably 11,000 miles down here on our quads, we did a sh_t load of her routes until 2015 when I broke my foot real bad in a ride we were on east of San Quentin and it was a cluster. Oh well life goes on and now I’m a side by side guy now. Well life works out, I’ve got two houses down here, one in south San Felipe and one in Ensenada, life is good. Anyway the route I sent was a Lizard Lady route of the Bill Nichols trail and our buddy Phil Petersen did it and it kicked his a_ _ on his KTM.

Hope to see you at the 500, perhaps they can let you loose up there at Port Huememe for a week or so but it will be really sad see you without your Blazer.

cheers Baja Charlie

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Kicked Phil's ass? jajaja. That's got to be a good ride then.
Not making the 500 this year. Family stuff and all.
Maybe the 400. Lots of stuff going on. And trying to retire next summer and move north of Reno out in the high desert/mountains.
Picked up a new Ram Power Wagon to replace the Blazer. 😁
Take care buddy.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Here’s the Bill Nichols trail which gets you over from Catavina to Puertecitos. From there you head south to the turn off to Calamajue (where the old Coco’s was at) where you go through Frog Canyon and out to El Crusero (by Highway).
It’s been a while since I’ve ridden parts of this so I’d contact Tim Morton to confirm the route

Good luck and have a great ride
Baja Charlie
Thank you.