• Forum membership has its advantages....

Gran Turismo 3

Jimmy8

Does anyone have any tips on what series to race that give you some free cars when you win the championship, that you can sell for a lot of money afterwards.

mxjeremy

Yeah, the RX8 is worth like 75K in the game, but you have to almost have one to be able to win the race that you earn one in. Win the RX8 in the Advanced League on the Race of NA Sports. You can also win it by getting all golds in the A license test. That's what I did. The RX8 has 281hp stock, but mine now has 491hp with all the mods. I also got all golds in the B license tests and got a 167hp miata (stock) that can be souped way up (NA tuning), but like who cares? it's still a miata.

I am currently trying to win the Subaru WRX prototype by getting all golds in the very last Rally event. I'm down to the last race, but my RX8 can't hang with the WRX in that race. Maybe with a little more tuning, and careful driving... I'm going home to try it right now.

Lemme know where your at, what cars you have, and I'll try to be more specific for your situation. I just based these suggestions off of where I'm at in GT3.

Crayfish

Race in the Smoky Mountain series rally and you win the Corolla rally car. Add the turbo upgrade the 14,500 dollar one and then race in the series that gives you the Ford Focus rally car and do the same turbo upgrade on the Focus and you get like 449 h.p. from the Focus.
Go to cheatplanet.com and it tells you what cars you win in each series. I would recommend getting the Focus rally car as soon as you can, the thing is way fast on the street as well as the the dirt. The turbo adds so much h.p. to that Focus it makes horrible oversteer. Tweak the rear swaybar to get rid of some of that and lower the thing when racing on the street.
My son and I made $300,00 in a couple of nights with the Focus.

Good luck

mxjeremy

Well, I won the Subaru WRX prototype last night. It's awesome to say the least. All it took was some soft racing tires on my RX-8, and I shaved off 5 seconds per lap on the very last rally race (in the rain). Racing tires are a must. The WRX starts w/ 301hp, but after the stage 3 turbo (the only option you can buy is the turbos, it comes with everything else) the horsepower is up at 593. WOW!!! I think I can sweep the whole rally series now.

Also, I have a suggestion that came w/ Electronic Gaming Monthly:
They say to save up all of your money, buy an EVO (dunno which one exactly), then soupe it with some hp mods, and some hard racing tires. Enter the endurance race, and pit every 10 laps. Everyone else pits every 6-8 laps, and they will be hard to keep up w/ but over the entire race, you can make up an entire lap on your pitting strategy alone. Now the goal of winning this race is to get the GT40, you only have a 25% chance, because there are 4 possible cars you can win. I guess if you don't get it the first time, try, try again. Once you have the GT40 it's all over, you can race almost every possible race in the game and just clean house. I'm gonna try to win the endurance race w/ my RX-8 or WRX this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes. late.

mxjeremy

All right, I was wrong about a bunch of things in that last post.
First of all, the WRX has over 500hp, but not quite 593.
Second, the car you buy to win the endurance race is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI. Once the car is around 560 horse, and you have the hard compound racing tires, do the endurance race.
Third, when you win the endurance race, you're hoping for the F090 Formula Car, not the GT40. It's a full-on open wheel racing F1 car. There's not even a picture of it at the Car Dealers.

I still haven't done the endurance race yet, but I've got my RX-8 topped out at 205mph!!!

Jimmy8

Thanks for all the help guys. I have had the game for about 2 weeks, but havent had much time to play because I have been working on the race truck. I'll let you know what happens.