Great week for the DA!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Website
DurkaDurkaPhoto.com
SO what happened to the hood in the first 1/4 mile?

DSC_1800WTMKWTMK.jpg

evi

Reaction
A freind of mine was almost taken out by the hood, he is the one on the video clip saying he'll keep it as an ornament in his house.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What did Clyde do?

Duh he rolled the truck in testing and then scrambled like mad to get a new set of mufler bearings!

Congrats to the DA...good finish across the board! We got our *** handed to us by pinkie, fantastic driving Kash. I guess all the prerace smalk talk caught up to us! One little question though, and don't lie PAB and troops, did PAB take the car across the finish line in order to get the points since he didn't start the race? Hmm....

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Website
www.willhigman.com
One little question though, and don't lie PAB and troops, did PAB take the car across the finish line in order to get the points since he didn't start the race? Hmm....

Travis

I was wondering the same thing but I told myself let it be.....

Since your so good with your "little questions" I now feel my fingers breaking free.

(insert smiley eating popcorn here)

:D

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
You guys are getting warmer all the time. Cracking codes and all. I guess it is the Da Pab code instead of the Da Vinci code.....The hood is a mystery to everyone involved. Your guess is as good as mine.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
You guys are getting warmer all the time. Cracking codes and all. I guess it is the Da Pab code instead of the Da Vinci code.....The hood is a mystery to everyone involved. Your guess is as good as mine.

I think Clyde knows the answer to what happened to the hood!

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
Website
www.movin-dirt.com
He was all set to drive with Jim Bailey calling out the GPS. As you can see it was a really tight race. We went from being 2 minutes up at Valle T to around 10 minutes down. We finished 10 minutes off of the leader and in 12th position. Clyde and Jim both heroically waved Cam and Blue Bear by so as to save as many seconds as possible. This years 250 was very fast and very tightly contested. The goal of the DA is ALWAYS to win, if not to win, then to place as high as possible. Clyde and Jim both displayed that in their selfless sacrifice by waving the truck by and giving up their turn to blast Baja! Truly an admirable move by both of them. :)

Great team members!

I think the hood thing was just Pab giving back to Baja. Or Clyde, hey what are these clips in my pocket??? Oh well it took off okay so they must not be important.. :)

Mrs.Racer277

Reaction
Great team members!

I think the hood thing was just Pab giving back to Baja. Or Clyde, hey what are these clips in my pocket??? Oh well it took off okay so they must not be important.. :)

LOL

I was thinking it was just another theft in the DA pit. ;) Ripped the hood right off the truck while it was on the race course. :D

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Want to clear up two questions on this thread.

First off I want to thank everyone for their support of the team and all the vehicles we race. We had a great week with three podiums with vehicles associated with our program.

1) The hood - My good buddy BJ Baldwin has a sticker that says "only Kitty Kats take off their hoods". We did not want to run without a hood and after Clyde crashed on Friday afternoon we went into scramble mode. The crew, XO Bluebear, got the TT back and ready to go but as they were wrapping up they noticed the hood latches were pretty screwed up. They did get them secured and we did test with the body having some issues. We would have never suspected the hood would take off as we hit 80, I never tested it at that speed after the crash.

2) Me driving Pinkie - I can not even believe that Travis would bring this up. I have been racing in SCORE since 1985 and have not cheated yet. I finished the TT and took a ride on my race bike to the new official finish. I was waiting for the car and Scott McMillin can attest to this as I saw him right after he got attacked by a Rotweiller. There were others there from teams that saw this go down and I guarentee the finish line people could see it going down a mere 300 yards before their flags, a pink car doing a driver change in front of GOD and everyone shouldn't be to tough to remember.

Trav if you're scared for the championship you can keep chewing your nails as the comments of some after the Laughlin race have got us committed to taking the championship all the way to Cabo. I think we may have proved her worth in Baja some but all the 12 car guys better get ready for more come the 500 and 1000, wouldn't even show up at Terribles if I was you Trav.

Kash Vessles is one of the top drivers in the sport and I can only hope the TT teams keep being dumb enough not to employ this guy and we get to earn the Championship together all the way. Also want to give huge credit to Jimmy Hook at Hooked Up Motorsports who preps the Pink Masher for battle and who we couldn't do it without. Also thanks to Jason Hatz for the expert navigation and suppoprt he gave to Kash all day, like I said I did the glory part accross the finish line and Kash did all the hard work.

Travis, your sanctions for questioning me even a little will be that you buy all the drinks at Mikes for the pre race party and a dead leg when you least expect it from me!

By the way, Pinkie is no longer for sale.

Last edited:

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Website
DurkaDurkaPhoto.com
1) The hood - My good buddy BJ Baldwin has a sticker that says "only Kitty Kats take off their hoods". We did not want to run without a hood and after Clyde crashed on Friday afternoon we went into scramble mode. The crew, XO Bluebear, got the TT back and ready to go but as they were wrapping up they noticed the hood latches were pretty screwed up. They did get them secured and we did test with the body having some issues. We would have never suspected the hood would take off as we hit 80, I never tested it at that speed after the crash.

I was not trying to start ish, I was just curious as to what happened and BJs hood text did come to mind.

Thanks for the info. Was that a new body or the same one from the playtech car at LDC?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Want to clear up two questions on this thread.

2) Me driving Pinkie - I can not even believe that Travis would bring this up. I have been racing in SCORE since 1985 and have not cheated yet. I finished the TT and took a ride on my race bike to the new official finish. I was waiting for the car and Scott McMillin can attest to this as I saw him right after he got attacked by a Rotweiller. There were others there from teams that saw this go down and I guarentee the finish line people could see it going down a mere 300 yards before their flags, a pink car doing a driver change in front of GOD and everyone shouldn't be to tough to remember.

Trav if you're scared for the championship you can keep chewing your nails as the comments of some after the Laughlin race have got us committed to taking the championship all the way to Cabo. I think we may have proved her worth in Baja some but all the 12 car guys better get ready for more come the 500 and 1000, wouldn't even show up at Terribles if I was you Trav.

Travis, your sanctions for questioning me even a little will be that you buy all the drinks at Mikes for the pre race party and a dead leg when you least expect it from me!

By the way, Pinkie is no longer for sale.

Good, thanks for clearing that up PAB. I only bring it up because you guys have us scared, very scared and because some POS tried to protest us because they thought Tommy never drove the car in Primm in 2005 when he was the driver of record! Stopping to let him get in cost us the win since we ended up losing by 19 seconds. You've got quite a hefty lead in the points and now that you're smart enough to get out of the driver seat and let someone drive who can actually finish a race, it looks like we have some competition! Wait, is this to early for the smalk talking to begin? :)

LOVE you PAB and I'll always buy the drinks!

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Good, thanks for clearing that up PAB. I only bring it up because you guys have us scared, very scared and because some POS tried to protest us because they thought Tommy never drove the car in Primm in 2005 when he was the driver of record! Stopping to let him get in cost us the win since we ended up losing by 19 seconds. You've got quite a hefty lead in the points and now that you're smart enough to get out of the driver seat and let someone drive who can actually finish a race, it looks like we have some competition! Wait, is this to early for the smalk talking to begin? :)

LOVE you PAB and I'll always buy the drinks!

You're still getting a bad *** dead leg

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Trav if you grow a Mullet and run it through the 1000 the DA will pay your entry! Don't tell Heidi I'm betting again!