"Green" Motor Oil?

Dirt Sailor

Reaction
Has anyone heard of "G-Oil"? http://www.getg.com/products/products.php?CategoryID=1&ProductID=1

Aparently it's made from cow fat & is enviromentally friendly, biodegradable, nontoxic, blah, blah, blah. I did a google search and the only websites I can find talking about it are enviromental & science sites. Oh, and news releases about it being the official oil of the American LaMans Series. I was wondering if anyone has any experiance or knows something about this type of oil, like how does thier 10W-30 compare with regular 10W-30? Other than it's twice as expensive.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Awesome! I will be running this in everything from the lawn mower to my dirt bike to my truck. After I change my oil I can dump it down the drain/gutter:)

Dirt Sailor

Reaction
Awesome! I will be running this in everything from the lawn mower to my dirt bike to my truck. After I change my oil I can dump it down the drain/gutter:)

That's what I was thinking: "But officer, it's biodegradable!" :D

I was just wondering how it compared to traditional motor oil. I don't want to be using it in my stuff unless I know it's going to lube properly. Of course at $5-6 a quart... I'm not sure if I'm interested in saving the planet all that much.

MattV

Reaction
Crude oil is 100% natural, and is in fact biodegradable. The real problems come in when you start dealing with refined products, or large quantities of crude oil that overwhelm the natural systems that can deal with it.

Interesting looking stuff. I wonder how it compares to a synthetic, or even regular motor oil...

Dezertpilot

Reaction
That's what I was thinking: "But officer, it's biodegradable!" :D

I was just wondering how it compared to traditional motor oil. I don't want to be using it in my stuff unless I know it's going to lube properly. Of course at $5-6 a quart... I'm not sure if I'm interested in saving the planet all that much.

$5-$6 a quart is cheeeeppppppp!!!! I was happy the other day to pay $10 a quart for some 4 stroke oil. I was used to paying $18/quart:eek: That hurt:(

jg009

Reaction
Holy crap! Royal Purple is about $8 bucks a quart here. Idk about that super-oil, though. Sounds like snake oil to me. It seems like it would break down faster than conventional oil and require more oil changes.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Holy crap! Royal Purple is about $8 bucks a quart here. Idk about that super-oil, though. Sounds like snake oil to me. It seems like it would break down faster than conventional oil and require more oil changes.

Your an idiot:rolleyes:

Dirt Sailor

Reaction
Dude, I pay $4 a quart for Pennzoil and I think that's expensive.