• Forum membership has its advantages....

Green sticker a trophy truck?

Socalav8tor

I recently bought a trophy truck and I am not interested in racing it at all I just want a really cool prerunner. I want to be able to take it to Glamis Dunes and Barstow and Johnson Valley just to play around with does anyone know how I would go about registering this thing to get a green sticker?
Thanks in advance....

Keith

y2kbaja

I’m in the process of green stickering by class 9. Have patience. While my 9 isn’t a new build I’m telling the dmv it is. If your TT was built by a company it should have some sort of chassis ID. You’ll need all the receipts you can come up with for everything. The process i know of so far...make an appointment with dmv, fill out all available paperwork before hand, bring in receipts, paperwork and any supporting document you have or can make up and bring the vehicle to dmv. They look the car over and if they like what they see they will refer you to chp for an appointment ( this step is where I am now). The appointments are a month out and take an hour where a chp person that does this will go over everything. They are looking for engine numbers, frame numbers, transmission numbers and all your supporting documents you have. If chp likes what they see they will stamp a vin tag on it and you’re back to dmv for final paperwork, title, and green sticker. It’s a lengthy process but if you drive on public lands in CA you’re required to have it.

Socalav8tor

Hi and thank you for the reply, the truck was built by Jimco a few years ago and spent its entire life sitting in a collectors showroom, then it went to a race shop and sat out of state. The truck has 50 miles on it, I have no reciepts other than a bill of sale. I dont want to have a huge sales tax bill for what the truck is worth because I literally paid nothing for it, the owner was just happy to see it go to someone that would use it.

Rent a trailer/rv space on the Parker Strip, AZ side of river. Register and title the truck in AZ with an OHV only status.

Then present your title to CA MVD and transfer registration to CA OHV program.

Investigate further before you try the above.

Good luck.

jon coleman

yup^ did that to my jeep speed, i recomend good mufflers( spark arrester) , & Good attitude, its a patience tester, luckily mine was a street car once but we fabricated over the vin numbers, chp took jeep out back in private, secret number local??, took forever, they finaly pop riveted on my tag to door b pillar, 2 day affaire😁

Socalav8tor

Rent a trailer/rv space on the Parker Strip, AZ side of river. Register and title the truck in AZ with an OHV only status.

Then present your title to CA MVD and transfer registration to CA OHV program.

Investigate further before you try the above.

Good luck.
I have a friend with property in Arizona I'm wondering if it would be possible to use his address and register it as an OHV out there and then transfer the title back to California later on. If I did it that way would I need to have the vehicle inspected out there or in California, thank you for your answers.

Keith

jon coleman

heck, i heard Az will register just about any thing Street leagal, i would say after Az. is handled its alot easyier to get it done here, you got aaa?, they do green stickers now And inspections ( i heard;)& they have answered my reg.questions in the past,

Socalav8tor

heck, i heard Az will register just about any thing Street leagal, i would say after Az. is handled its alot easyier to get it done here, you got aaa?, they do green stickers now And inspections ( i heard;)& they have answered my reg.questions in the past,
Thanks Jon.... I do have AAA guess I will have to investigate this further I was hoping it was going to be easy but it looks like it's going to be a process

AZ will issue street registration for Gordinis, quads, buggies, sidexsides at most MVD offices outside the Phoenix or Tucson metroplexes.

Just need a bulb horn, brake lights, eye protection (googles or glass) and a rear-view mirror.

May not apply in Flagstaff. ;)

Socalav8tor

AZ will issue street registration for Gordinis, quads, buggies, sidexsides at most MVD offices outside the Phoenix or Tucson metroplexes.

Just need a bulb horn, brake lights, eye protection (googles or glass) and a rear-view mirror.

May not apply in Flagstaff. ;)
Wow it sounds like they will register just about anything, what if the vehicles never been registered before?

92OCHO

Call the Lake Havasu MVD get in touch with the ADOT Officer at that location. This dude is THE nicest guy you will ever run into.
A superb human, I just cant think of his name at the moment. And yes you can put a plate on just about everything here in Mohave Co. CHEEP....
Shhhhh don't tell everyone.
I have a great story about a bonded title he helped me with... multiple VINS on an older Ford truck... missing Vin on the frame rail.
we got it done..he stamped the new vin tags right on the spot. $15 dollars. Took 1 inspection, 2 trips to the MVD and 1 CHEEP bonded ins policy. No windshield, 0 DOT stuff, has brake lights, that's about it. did it in 1 afternoon.
im sure he could walk you thru the process of a custom build without a VIN.

CMA GUMBY

Stay out of Phoenix and Tucson Metro area. (Maricopa county and Pima county) Any other location in AZ is fair game. Check with ADOT.COM for what is required. All info you need is there. If not, give them a call. They are very easy to work with/talk to. So very much different than Cali... As Curmy said, street registration is possible as well. Buddy has a SCORE tagged and race ready 2/1600 that he cruises Havasu with. Street plated.

Socalav8tor

Call the Lake Havasu MVD get in touch with the ADOT Officer at that location. This dude is THE nicest guy you will ever run into.
A superb human, I just cant think of his name at the moment. And yes you can put a plate on just about everything here in Mohave Co. CHEEP....
Shhhhh don't tell everyone.
I have a great story about a bonded title he helped me with... multiple VINS on an older Ford truck... missing Vin on the frame rail.
we got it done..he stamped the new vin tags right on the spot. $15 dollars. Took 1 inspection, 2 trips to the MVD and 1 CHEEP bonded ins policy. No windshield, 0 DOT stuff, has brake lights, that's about it. did it in 1 afternoon.
im sure he could walk you thru the process of a custom build without a VIN.
Awesome... That sounds like a plan, I will look into that next week, even if I have to trailer it to Az it is worth it

Socalav8tor

Stay out of Phoenix and Tucson Metro area. (Maricopa county and Pima county) Any other location in AZ is fair game. Check with ADOT.COM for what is required. All info you need is there. If not, give them a call. They are very easy to work with/talk to. So very much different than Cali... As Curmy said, street registration is possible as well. Buddy has a SCORE tagged and race ready 2/1600 that he cruises Havasu with. Street plated.
Thanks! this truck is score tagged as well I never thought about driving on the street but it would be kind of cool to pull that thing through In and Out Burger once in awhile I think people would freak out lol

jon coleman

nice grocery- getter, if it gets plated&if you tool it around on the street , be nice, represent offroaders in a good light, not like that' urban assault vw a- hole in sandiego, that whole deal pissed me off, oh great, some Duffffuss blasting his buggy on the streets to make a stupid video.........IdioT....