Green sticker a trophy truck?

thenate125

Just curious but could you put a cab on the truck? If you could find something pre smog get it registered then switch the cab and vin over put the equipment in to make it street legal, blinkers, lights, window. Would be a like the street legal trophy prerunner

jon coleman

if cab gots the vin numbers to match pinkslip, sure, you can also use the part of cab w vin no. only, it needs to be a certain amount of the cab to be leagal

y2kbaja

If you go to chp with anything like that you won't like the outcome.

I look at it from a liability standpoint. If I'm out and the local OHV area and a dumb ass in a UTV crosses my path and I take them out, even if it wasn't my fault, who will the widow go after? And what will they find if they start going over the vehicle? I would rather that all my ducks be in the same row.

jon coleman

yup, adding vin later is scetchy, u really gotta start build Around the part of chassis with vin, i vaguely recall a certain % of chassis has to be used in build, ie vw pan vin no. area rear tunnel/ trans horn area used, i would go the Az. register route first to getsome kinda vehicle history for ca .dmv

Socalav8tor

I don't want to do anything that's sketchy I just want to get a green sticker on it so I can drive it in Glamis not too much to ask I'm just wondering how much this is going to end up costing jajaja

Socalav8tor

I don't want to do anything that's sketchy I just want to get a green sticker on it so I can drive it in Glamis not too much to ask I'm just wondering how much this is going to end up costing jajaja

y2kbaja

To go thru the front door with DMV-CHP-DMV cost should only be $125. If the vehicle was gifted to you you'll need that in writing. But being a chassis built by Jimco it should have a chassis number and CHP will look for that. Also, the engine and trans numbers, they'll want to know where they're from.

Socalav8tor

Yeah.... that would work on a new build. I wouldn’t recommend moving vin tags around
Anyhow
You will get it done
Cool truck btw
Hey... Thanks, It's a step up from what I use to drive, a whole new learning curve for sure and about 700 hp more lol.
I'm going to contact Jimco for frame number locations and go from there

43mod

Cant believe no one has yet to offer up a cool sand toy in exchange for this non sand rig . All involved would be happy. Put it in the world it was meant to be in !
Great find BTW. Jealous for sure.

Socalav8tor

Cant believe no one has yet to offer up a cool sand toy in exchange for this non sand rig . All involved would be happy. Put it in the world it was meant to be in !
43 thanks..... Although I do want it for a Glamis trip here and there Im definitely going to let it do what it was born to do... Who knows I may try racing it.

Honda48X

I was actually thinking the same thing! Actually now that you bring that up, I have a deal for Socalav8tor. I will trade you mine that is tagged and ready to go for your TT. I will handle all the Bull@#@ of getting it tagged in WA. Here is what you are going to get.
20190814_082534.jpg