• Forum membership has its advantages....

Green sticker a trophy truck?

y2kbaja

I am the proud owner of a green sticker for my class 9. It was pretty simple but keep in mind this was a home built (not by me) chassis with 40+ year old suspension parts. I got all my ducks in a row for appt #1 with DMV. They wan to see the vehicle before you can move on. All the forms are online to fill out before hand. I typed out my statement of facts and attached it to that page. The DMV inspector looked at the car and filled out another form and gave me the number for CHP to make an appt. Appointments were weeks out so forward I went. CHP went smooth, again, home built car with 40+ year old parts. He wrote the engine number and filled out the form I got from DMV. Within minutes he was riveting on the VIN number and off I went. Next appt was DMV. They looked over the paperwork, I handed over my $52 and walked out with my green sticker. Title will be in the mail.

After CHP assigned the vin and signed the paperwork I did ask how others with chassis built by companies such as Raceco and Jimco and he said there should be a chassis id stamped somewhere in the frame. That best bet was to get with the mfg and find the paper trail of who bought it and who's owned it since. Same with the motor. They're looking for stolen items and they will find it. There are many bad things you could do like say you built it (when you didn't). You don't want the CHP to take your stuff, and they can, and they will.

Socalav8tor

I am the proud owner of a green sticker for my class 9. It was pretty simple but keep in mind this was a home built (not by me) chassis with 40+ year old suspension parts. I got all my ducks in a row for appt #1 with DMV. They wan to see the vehicle before you can move on. All the forms are online to fill out before hand. I typed out my statement of facts and attached it to that page. The DMV inspector looked at the car and filled out another form and gave me the number for CHP to make an appt. Appointments were weeks out so forward I went. CHP went smooth, again, home built car with 40+ year old parts. He wrote the engine number and filled out the form I got from DMV. Within minutes he was riveting on the VIN number and off I went. Next appt was DMV. They looked over the paperwork, I handed over my $52 and walked out with my green sticker. Title will be in the mail.

After CHP assigned the vin and signed the paperwork I did ask how others with chassis built by companies such as Raceco and Jimco and he said there should be a chassis id stamped somewhere in the frame. That best bet was to get with the mfg and find the paper trail of who bought it and who's owned it since. Same with the motor. They're looking for stolen items and they will find it. There are many bad things you could do like say you built it (when you didn't). You don't want the CHP to take your stuff, and they can, and they will.
Ty Y2K,
I contacted Jimco and they told me they have a guy who does this service for some of their cars, so I'm waiting to get in touch with him

K

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I know a guy with a state of Utah issued ATV title & vin# tag from 1996 thats nrver been licenced if that makes any sense?

I guess Utah allows vehicles to be titled & not registered, this title has never been licenced & the state issued vin tag has never been installed, it also comes with a blank notorised bill of sale!

Let the bidding begin!

Last edited:

Socalav8tor

I know a guy with a state of Utah issued ATV title & vin# tag from 1996 thats nrver been licenced if that makes any sense?

I guess Utah allows vehicles to be titled & not registered, this title has never been licenced & the state issued vin tag has never been installed, it also comes with a blank notorised bill of sale!

Let the bidding begin!
Sounds interesting.... Any more details?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I don't have any more details than what I've stated, its all perfectly legal state of Utah issued vin tag & title issued in 1996 in pristine condition sitting in a file that's only seen the light of day a couple of the times he's shown it to me. The bill of sale & title was signed & notorised in 2016 with all the "buyer" & "sales price" sections blank for whomever to fill out witch is perfectly legal to do because the notary only verifys the signature of the seller. He acquired it in 96 when he built a sand toy that was never finished before he applied the vin tag, eventually it was canabalised for parts.

I spoke with him last night about it we realised that being a perfectly legal item it could be worth alot of money for a person that needs to apply it to say a 600k trophy truck or expensive sand car let alone an unscrupulous person that needs one for shall I say a "HOT" toy that needs a new serial number cough cough?
Basically he's not on the hook selling it to anybody, what that person does with it is not his concern it's thiers

Socalav8tor

I don't have any more details than what I've stated, its all perfectly legal state of Utah issued vin tag & title issued in 1996 in pristine condition sitting in a file that's only seen the light of day a couple of the times he's shown it to me. The bill of sale & title was signed & notorised in 2016 with all the "buyer" & "sales price" sections blank for whomever to fill out witch is perfectly legal to do because the notary only verifys the signature of the seller. He acquired it in 96 when he built a sand toy that was never finished before he applied the vin tag, eventually it was canabalised for parts.

I spoke with him last night about it we realised that being a perfectly legal item it could be worth alot of money for a person that needs to apply it to say a 600k trophy truck or expensive sand car let alone an unscrupulous person that needs one for shall I say a "HOT" toy that needs a new serial number cough cough?
Basically he's not on the hook selling it to anybody, what that person does with it is not his concern it's thiers
I will do some research on this but before I get into all of that how much does this person think this title is worth to him?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Check your inbox if i did it correctly?

Last time I did this it was called your PM