GREEN STICKER $$ TO DO

Paige

Reaction
Do you pay green sticker money on your truck, atv, bike, race car etc? Well the state is looking to raid that trust fund cause they spent the surplus $$ they had!

Currently there is a draft letter at www.clorv.org</A> that as a member of the OHV community you need to send in! Please go to the site and read the instructions there. Time is of the essence on this one. the BLM gets millions of dollars annyally from the green sticker funds for OHV areas - lets not let them take our funds out right - we are willing to provide them with a re-payable loan, but not just give up the funds. The state has gotten itself into a mess with the energy crisis and the result is raiding other funds!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

L&SMotorsports

Reaction
Hey Paige, this is nothing new. At yesterdays meeting, I commented about the guy named Dick Moon. He was one of the guys who had gone out surveying the trails in Ridgecrest area. Anyway, he was an original founding member of CORVA, and got my parents involved in CORVA over this same issue. In the early or mid 70's, the state started the green sticker fund to help protect our rights. Well, it instantly put millions in extra revenues, so the state put the money in the states slush funds. Then a year later started closing areas like Pismo and Kelso Valley because there was not enough green sticker money for rangers, fences or signs. I believe that some of the money also went out in grants to the enviro's for studies that closed or limited other OHV areas. This may still be going on today. What a deal. I'm sure Ed knows more details about the above, but thought I'd share it with you. Talk to you later.
Tim

martininsocal

Reaction
tim- you're right. the fund is used to stop the very vehicles that pay into the fund! the language of the original legislation has been loopholed so that any agency that receives grants from the fund only needs to show proof that they provide access to green sticker vehicles, then they can pretty much spend the money on what they want. even if that means more rangers to enforce laws that prevent ohv use. also, the fund is used to study the impact of ohv use around protected, threatened, and other species of plants and animals to see if a negative impact can preclude the use of ohv's in those study areas. 90% of the green sticker grants go to federal agencies, not state run ohv parks. this fund was suppose to provide a source of funds to aquire, maintain, and manage state lands for ohv use. since the early 1980's, the payouts have increased, but the recreational oppurtunities hav decreased. even gov davis' lao questioned whether the funds given to federal agencies are being used in a way that meets the requirements of the chappie act. unfortunately, davis' closet far left eco beliefs are coming out.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Reaction
Well and part of the problem is who has been appointed to the commission. We must not forget that our friend and buddy from California Wildlands Coalition is also a commissioner for the OHVMR and he votes as to who gets our money. The Buddy I am talking about is Mr. Paul Spitler the person who commissioned "Off-Road to Ruin" and is working with with PEER, CBD, and SC who have brought forth the CDCA lawsuit - which shut down Glamis. The collusion of these groups is astounding...and from what I can tell Davis has out and out lied to our people that are associated with OHVMR cause he said he was for off-roading.

Tim and Martin are right on the money when they talk about how our green sticker money is used. That grant program needs a serious overhaul. The BLM is a large recipient of these funds - yet if I am not mistaken we, as martin said, are loosing more land. In the past 10 years we have lost more than half of our areas to recreate, yet the registration of SUV's and OHV's in california has more than doubled - so exactly what Martin mentioned is in our future - they are tying to corral us into these little areas and then competition will be viewed as too destructive or too dangerous or both.

THe whole divide and conquer method is at work here and it takes being involved in everything to suddenly see that is what is happening. The state program is presented as separate from the federal program, but really its not and if we don't work for justice in both - if we loose one the other will suffer.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>