Greenie Tree Sitter

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/4737827p-5752841c.html>http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/4737827p-5752841c.html</A>

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I think the last part of that story is funny. A girl spent two years in a tree to save it, and did, but the logging company was paid $50,000. I wonder who paid, the girl or the organization she represented??? Classic!

Bummer about the other guy.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

slipknottaco

Reaction
i saw a panal discussion at school with that julie butterfly chick. she talked all about her experiences and crap. but she never mentioned anything about paying off $50,000 to the lumber companies.
she is interesting but a major freak.

J_Dog

Reaction
The whole Sierra Club in the tree and then OLN could televise their lumberjack championships (from other post) cutting it down at the same time. That would be worth taping.

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I remember a question from philosophy class. If a tree hugger falls out of a tree and there are no other tree huggers around, does he make a sound when he goes splat?

shrek

Reaction
The man isn't the first to be injured in a tree-sit protest. In April, 22-year-old Beth O'Brien of Portland died after falling from a tree in Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon. In September 1998, David "Gypsy" Chain became the first California Earth First! activist to be killed during a tree-sit protest when the Humboldt County tree he was living in was felled by a logger.

I want to know how a guy gets a nickname of Gypsy!!! ha ha ha

This should be a lesson to them. Aparently the company did not care that he was living in the tree and cut it down anyway!! Thats how it should go.................I like the OLN lumberjack comment also..............

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

scott

Reaction
I've been up to Scotia, which is 30 miles south of Eureka..... Pacific Lumber Co. Plants Redwoods specially for Logging and No other purpose.... I went on their tour... Its their own city just for logging...
As far as a 1,000 foot Redwood ???? Iv'e seen 500 footers, and the Dyerville Giant that fell was estimated at 675 feet... I thought that was the biggest tree ever recorded.. Its funny how these tree huggers pull crap and it backfires....Get a Life !!!!!

poolman

Reaction
I can picture the scene,He's holding the Bong with one hand and theres a strong breeze and he can't get the lighter to ignite and he flicks it and it falls and he dives to get the lighter and misses then loses his balance and falls killing his buzz.poolman

Trophy Trailer #27T
Ragen Racing of Arizona

martininsocal

Reaction
Re: Greenie lawn darts

This happens a lot more than you guys realize. What sucks is they don't do it on public land but on private land that in many cases was developed to be sustainable forest yield. Everyone of these folks is trespassing at the least and they are keeping many law abiding cictizens from earning a living and feeding their families. When these folks show up, they run around the forest like freaks with ribons and rainbows and signs. The timber companies have taken a policy of no work as long as they are around because they hide themselves so the fallers don't know what trees they are up in. The fallers don't want to hurt them, so they can't cut unless the tree is cleared of sitters/spikes and cables. That is their latest scheme, they cable the tops of trees together so if a tree is cut, there is a good chance more will come down and take out a faller(ironic, they take out trees to kill fallers!?). The County Sheriff then comes in and tries to remove the protesters. most will receive a site for trespass and then are told to leave the private property. The Sheriff WILL NOT go up in the tree to remove a sitter. There have been instances when trying to remove sitters has created problems while resisting that has injured sitters and deputies, so liability and lack of training keep Deputies on the ground. They use a cat in the tree approach and cut off their food and water supply until they either come down or fall. They also chain themselves to the driveshafts of log trucks and handcuff their hands around gates. They don't care how many people don't work or get hurt, as long as they win their war against man in the forest.

What really sucks is, these folks break the law and get away with it. even sited eco's uaually have some high dollar lawyer who rolls into court paid for by the sierra Club or CBD and gets the infractions thrown out, reduced, or has fines paid by the club itself. I love the argument that they can't afford to pay fines and shouldn't be punished for participating in civil unrest/protest as it is covered by free speech. Anyone here who wants to make a protest ride on the old B to V course, prepare to meet bubba in a small cell courtesy of the feds!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG