Greetings from San Felipe

Reaction
Greetings from San Felipe. We just did the CODE race. Brutal! Two laps around the upper half of the already beaten up course from two weeks ago. At mile 12 we broke the driver’s side rear leaf spring but our chase guys were quick and we got it changed in record time. That put us back in the slower cars and we had to pass lots of them. Saw Tony Tellier at around mile 90 and he gave us the “You’re First sign” but we figured he had to be joking. We were dicing with the Mc Neil’s Yellow truck and had out horse powered them earlier just before Morelia Junction, but now in the whoops they caught us back (Stock Full Trucks have their draw backs) so I pulled over and let him by. Unfortunatly the course opened up and smoothed out into Huatamote (sp) Wash and we had the horsepower advantage again so we were running him down when in his dust we hit a parked 5/1600 with no amber light on, which when the dust settled turned out to be a house disguised as a rock. We caved in the front of the truck, but the biggest challenge was getting a 6000 pound truck off that VW sized rock. We were stuck there for two and a half hours, jacking, shoveling, pushing, swearing, sweating and not thinking to well. Since we had ripped the skidplate of the truck and the High Lift Jack didn’t work anyway we used them for traction devices and put them under the rear tires and aired the BFG Projects down to 9 PSI and backed it out one skidplate length at a time. The High Lift is still out there if anyone wants it. Tony T. must have been serious, because we saw all the Class 8 trucks, that we had passed (all but two, were stopped when we went by) now go by us. Back on the course, we decided not to air up the tires (we carry a CO2 bottle) until we were out of the wash. It was a good thing because we ended up towing out a Baja Bug that wouldn’t run, and the sand was so deep we never would have been able to pull them, aired up. We dragged them about 10 mile on a short strap, and it must have been quite the ride. At one point I said to Gary Lumblade my co-driver, were dragging them on their roof. They didn’t speak English, but you could tell they were happy to be off the strap. We dropped them off at a visual check point aired the tires up, zip tied some of the broken front cage out of the way and pushed on for lap two, with only three hours and change left on the clock, we stepped it up a little until at almost the exact same spot on the Pole Line Road, the passenger’s side rear spring broke. We learned that one set of leaf spring can’t do two San Felipe races in two weeks. Just in case anyone cares.

Ramsey

P.S. The Harbor Freight Aluminum Floor Jack worked awesome. All I did was remove the side handles, rear wheels, and welded a full length skidplate under it, so it would work in the sand.

C_Baldwin

Reaction
Does anyone have results (official or unofficial) from the Code San Felipe Race yet? Specifically Class 9, or car 903?

ntsqd

Reaction
I just want to know why you carry the "M" flag, yet are still considered a "newbie" ? Seems to me that you have something else under your name.
John ?
Klaus ?

Oh yea, nice race report. Wish I could have been there. Still looking for a position should anyone know of one in Vta. cnty.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Ramsey is a moderator of a board on Race-Dezert.com. We host numerous hidden boards that are controlled by other groups, Protruck board, Mini Metal are just a few of the boards that we maintain for groups that have requested them. It makes it easier to communicate with many people verse mass emails.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Jeff and Klaus where down here at zoo road, im sure theyll post some pics soon, Eli Yee had a bad accident dont know how bad, but heard he was asking to be pulled out of the car cause he was hurt, hope hes ok.....

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Yee flipped over the car in front of him (which had hit a power line tower). He landed upside down facing backwards on course. He apppeared to be OK when we went by.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Ramsey I know you had other problems but when you get the truck stripped down let us know how that Cryo'd ring and pinion gear is looking..

ntsqd

Reaction
I knew that's what the 'M' flag meant, but I was thinking Ramsey needs a custom title, something other than 'Newbie". "Ironman" is taken, so suggestions ?.........

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Reaction
Regarding "newbie" status: I don’t post very often, but I read everything. Also, I wanted to use my full name so this new profile was created 1/10/03. My old profile “Ramsey” was created 3/27/01 a few days after Klaus launched this board. Hard to believe that was more than two years ago. On another note, Yee’s car was on its side up against one of the power line “poles” and another car was stopped to assist. A Class 8 truck also hit one of the “poles” inflicting quite a bit of damage to the “pole.”