• Forum membership has its advantages....

Greg

JenDiggityDirt

I explained it all on the "Kar Tek" thread just a minute ago on the "General Discussion" board...I would cut and paste but I don't want to be redundant.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

frankh

I talked to Greg at about 8:30. He is at work and said he is fine. He is sore but will live. Dale's leg got infected and swollen up so that that can not stitch it up. But the five car may not see the racecourse again. The frame is pretty hammered.

That is too bad to hear about the car, and good to hear about Greg. Frank, what exactly happend. Was it a failure, Did Dale(?) come into the section too hot?

frankh

Well the start was pretty dusty. They (dale and greg) were the dust till mile 17, they pick up speed. there were two whoops back to back and dale just hit them to hot. they made it throw the first one but cased the second one and it flipped them up over the nose. the problem goes back to not prerunning the course. we worked late on the car and did not get out till 3:00 am friday. In the furture we will not make that mistake.

Greg

There was a sandy whoop section with like three hits. The rear kicked on the second and planted the nose right into the third hit. End over end we went. I think it really caught both of us by supprise. It was my first roll in a car. I thought we would just land on the roof but it kept going and going, i think 3 times and finally landed on its side. the impact wasn't as hard as i would have expected but the duration was soo much longer. Dale was driving really well too, letting people pass and trying to stay out of the dust, keeping the car alive. Dale is a very good driver this was just a big step to becoming a great driver. I'll ride with him anytime. Intrestingly enough, every 5 open car nearly endoed in that same spot, something to do with wheelbase? I wish you a speedy recovery Dale and anything I can do just give me a call.

Greg