grip help

gary

Reaction
what glue is best? any tips or tricks?? got new bars, put on new grips, and halfway thru the first trip out, they were spinning and loose...kinda bummed!

i realize this is probably a super newb question, but any help is appreciated....

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
what glue is best? any tips or tricks?? got new bars, put on new grips, and halfway thru the first trip out, they were spinning and loose...kinda bummed!

i realize this is probably a super newb question, but any help is appreciated....
I use Tywire also.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I dont get how people have a problem, my grips dont get loose. I use the glue that comes with the ProTaper grips...

calexiraptor

Reaction
i just use gas to slide em in, the gas will evaporate and the rubber from the grip wont let them slide

Martin

Reaction
Ty wire is a must for my death grip riding style.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
I recently put on ProTaper grips with hair spray as well and they spun the very next day at the track :eek: No More hair spray Ty wire all the way from now on!

gary

Reaction
I dont get how people have a problem, my grips dont get loose. I use the glue that comes with the ProTaper grips...
i used scott grips. slapped grip glue on the bars and in the grips. no stick....what can i tell ya? seemed fine at home, but after about 15 minutes of real use, they spun. did my wife's and mine, and 1 out of 4 grips stuck. the other 3 spin. bars are new, and are a little on the slippery side. maybe scuff 'em up a bit too?

Dezman

Reaction
Another one I have heard of but have not tried is to put electrical tape sticky side up and spray with WD-40 and put the grip on supposed to glue it all together but have never tried it!!!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Renthal grip glue. No sliping ever. And safety wire them on just to be sure.

Dezertpilot

Reaction