Groff Jimco in RACER Magazine

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
FYI-

The Groff Motorsports Class 1 Jimco is featured in a six-page spread in the November issue of RACER Magazine. The "In Focus" section of RACER is best known for the superb studio photography of Rick Graves.

In addition to the pictorial spread, they are also the subject of the "Track Tech" article.

Be sure to pick up this issue of RACER!

Congrats to all involved!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Hey Tony,

Could this be the sign of things to come in future issues of Racer mag?
It would be great to see alot more desert race cars profiled that way.

-Gabe

Jimmy8

Reaction
I have been a long time reader of racer magazine, and they have always tried to fit in off road racing. Robby Gordon's Trophy Truck (now Mark Posts) was featured in the past in In Focus. In fact that in focus was reran a few months back and the truck deemed one of the most influential race cars of all time. All of the SCORE races are covered briefly, and a couple of months ago they did an interview with Ivan Stewart. Protruck advertises in the magazine as well, along with mastercraft and AFE filters. They did an article on Robby a few months ago and briefly talked about off road and had a picture of his most current, well now ex, trophy truck. Seriously support this magazine, because they are making an effort to include off road in the publication, and that is a lot more than I can say for a lot of motorsports magazines.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jimmy-

You are absolutely right about supporting RACER!

They have a done a great job featuring off-road racing (desert, as well as short-course) over the years. And the In Focus features have been a great showcase of state-of-the-art technology and fabrication.

As for off-road event coverage in RACER, we have PETER BROCK (Senior Editor at RACER) to thank for that! He has always been a HUGE supporter of desert off-road racing, the people, teams and machines that make our sport great. He always manages to attend and photograph races from Laughlin to Baja, amongst his other assignments. Many of which take him to events such as Le Mans. I saw him in the middle of San Felipe this year, and I'll guarantee, he'll be at the Baja 1000. We were even on the same airport shuttle in Cabo after the B2K.

The Robby In Focus feature was part of RACER's 10th Anniversary Issue earlier this year. VERY cool for off-road racing to be a part of such a well-circulated publication.

I was proud to be selected by Ivan and Linda Stewart to design the series of ads that Protruck ran in RACER (May, June '02). I also designed the Mastercraft ad (August '02). Almost all Protruck sponsors have stepped-up and bought advertising space in RACER. Like Jimmy said, Mastercraft, AFE Filters, and this month, MSD Ignition have run in the mag.

Thanks RACER, Mr. Peter Brock and Protruck Racing Organization!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

MrBaja

Reaction
Greeting to all:

Thank you Tony for the update on our Groff Motorsports feature in RACER Magazine. On behalf of The Rennsport Group, Groff Motorsports, BFGoodrich, Toyota Motorsports and all our supporters, we are very proud to represent the sport in such a highly visible manner.

As many of you know, a cornerstone to our team's creation and 2002 racing effort was to raise the professionalism and awareness for both off-road racing and Class 1. The RACER piece is one example, but we've also had recent successes in Super Street, Popular Science and in national radio (Motor Trend radio) and locally with Malibu Dan and KLSX. Creating, then executing, these type of PR efforts is a long-term process (we actually first spoke with RACER back in July of 2001 and shot the piece the day after it was unveiled at a press luncheon in April -- the car had never seen the dirt.) However, the payoff seems to be coming around.

I cannot emphasize enough that everyone reading this should email RACER and thank them for the space and support of desert racing. Emails can be sent to John Zimmermann (jzimmermann@racer.com) and Paul Pfanner (ppfanner@racer.com). I'm sure that Peter Brock would also enjoy the encouraging words (scribbleclick@mindspring.com). This is the only way to insure this type of coverage in the future.

Stay tuned for several more pending annoucements regarding our team, television and a very special project at the SCORE Tecate Baja 1000. Thanks again for the kind words!

Best,

Marty Fiolka
The Rennsport Group

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
~Barnes and Noble

~Borders

~Albertsons

~Any other grocery store with a LARGE magazine aisle.

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 09/27/02 10:37 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

toddz

Reaction
Usually the bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Borders have it as previously mentioned. Racer did a nice article(In Focus) on the Protrucks 3-4 years ago and Peter Brock did a great article on the Baja 2000 last year. Top notch stuff.

And speaking of Trailblazers.....are there any big Trailblazer fans out there? I got a huge Trailblazer poster at the Brembo(I think) booth a few years ago at SEMA. It's collecting dust and I'd like to give it to someone that would appreciate it. Contact me offline if interested.

Todd Z.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
For everyone interested-

Here is the In Focus main spread on RG from the Oct, '96 issue of RACER. Back issues are available at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.racer.com>www.racer.com</A>

Again, killer photography from Rick Graves.

Enjoy!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Also-

For anyone that did not see the series of ads for Pro Truck, here they are.

Enjoy!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Travis-

Yes sir! I'm proud to have Ivan Stewart and Protruck Racing Organization as clients.

Ivan, Linda, Deia and Ron have been great to work with.

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
To all-

From the March '96 issue of RACER - In Focus spread on the Enduro Racing Stewart/Savage Pro Truck.

Back issues and subsciptions at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.racer.com>www.racer.com</A>

Enjoy!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"